Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville styled 1932 tudor build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Oct 17, 2009.

1. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks really good!

2. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Thanks guys, well it just left my shop. Sad to see it go, kind of just hit me that i'll never see the car as it looks now again. The next time I'll get a chance to see it she'll be all perfect paint and detailed out. Ha

3. I hope he posts a "Bonneville styled 1932 tudor build 2.0" thread.

4. fonti

fonti

...well, you can't keep them all... but the paint is already pefect, there's nothing to change!!

5. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

So here is part of what I got besides cash for my 32' Sedan. Its the Fred Cain 40' coupe. It was originally built in the 50's by Fred Cain, and it was restored by Doc. Its got a brand new flathead, new wiring, and new upholstery.

It was featured in Honk Magazine August 1953. Really a neat car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. No shit, thats one of my all time fave cars.......wow, what a swap.

7. Awesome, that's one cool looking coupe ! I guess that eases the pain of selling the sedan.

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

You now have had two of my favorite cars.

9. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Loved your 32, but I would have a hard time picking my favorite between that and the "new" one. Awesome score!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ya, it was a deal I couldn't say no to. Ha

It really helped, I still miss my sedan. But its nice to still have a car to use. But everything I have has a price, even this car. If I got a good offer it would go down the road too.

Thanks, Its way cool to own something that has actual history.

Ya, the 40' has a neat charm to it. Just so different from the usual rods. But for me I miss my 32' more than having the 40'. But maybe its cause I spent 4 years building it. Ha

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow!!!! I would have done that trade ten times over and '40 coupes are not even my favorite cars. But that one with all the history is super rad!!! Happy for ya!!!!!

12. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Good trade man. I'll have to come check that thing out! Very cool...

13. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I totally understand the creation relationship with your 32. It's very evident that you have a great eye and the skill to bring it to life. The 32 will always be"yours" to a certain degree. Nice to get the financial boost and to also end up as the 40's current caretaker is just a cool bonus. I am looking forward to following your next build.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Wow! I sure would have had a hard time saying no too! The best part? Now you've got some cash to start your next hot rod project with and no end to the amount of skill you have to build it.

15. fonti

fonti

well done, Chris

16. TinShed

TinShed

Dam Chris I would never have thought you would sell it. I know what you mean on price and like the 40 and roadster you plan to do. I would be interested in a print of your 32 when done. My son Ben said it was his second favorite car ever after his mom's Comet.

Good luck and look forward to the new build.

Tim

17. Southfork

Southfork

Dang, man, how could you part with it??? Yeah, everything's got a price, but DANG!!!

18. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Can fully understand the creation relationship on the 32, me myself would not part with it. But being without depts is tempting, i only brorrow more money to furfil my mad builds, you are smarter:)
    And the 40 looks great to, but its no 32;) Not poring salt in your wound...

19. DAM! Chris, Find it hard to belive ya let her go. But I can understand your reasons. The 40 is very kool, But the 32 was KILLER.
    I like the new plan for the roadster build. Follow Vic's and you will hit a home run. Can't wait to see what you have done by next Aug.

20. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ya, its a neat car. Fun to own something that has actual history.

I'm keeping it at my dads house. I can take you over there if you want to check it out.

Thanks, that's exactly how I look at it. My name will always be on that car, and Doc. plans on giving me full credit for the build if it gets in a magazine.

Thanks, I cant wait to get rolling on the 28' roadster. Already got lots of parts collected, and brookville called and they are starting putting my 28' roadster together.

I'll let you know when I get some prints made up. Thanks

Ya, it was hard to sell it. But the financial freedom was to good to pass up. Plus i'm still young and I could just build another sedan down the road, and I have some other ideas that would make it even better.

No worries, i'm still getting over the sale. But the new 28' roadster project has me excited so that is helping.

I can't wait either. I hope to have the roadster up and rolling by my open house. Plus all the other projects in the shop are all different so there should be plenty for you guys to check out.

21. roundhouse

roundhouse
    from GA

wow,, just wow.

what a great build,

thanks for all the documentation.

thats the only 32 sedan Ive ever seen that I liked.
    they usually just dont look as good as the 28-31 sedans

sorry to see you sold it but it looks like it went to a good home.

my 17 yr old is wanting to build a hot rod with me,
    we've already built him a pretty cool 76 Chevy 4x4 pickup with EFI and a 5 speed from a 2006 model,
    he even built up a collection of cassette tapes cause he wanted to keep the interior all stock.

if he goes to college close to home we will likely build a sedan of some kind to have room for his guitar and lacrosse gear, and i love this one.

22. Awwww mayne' .... !! 42 pages and she's gone. Ah well. Great read. Hope I can jump off the stool now, without spraining both ankles. My back is killing me. Great build man. Crippled, but worth it. Thank you !

23. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Sad to see the car go, sure glad you shared the build with us. Very inspiring and informative.
    Thanks for the ride Chris!

Mike

24. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Looking killer!

How tall is your radiator and you used the stock length 32 hood also?

Thank you

25. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Are you planning to do a build thread on your new roadster?

26. BuildFan

BuildFan

BuildFan here from BuildThreads, Inc.

Congrats and nice work, Salt Flats - this build thread was chosen as a Best Build Thread pick for this week. [​IMG]

What this means is that a bunch of guys who like to build stuff (cars, trucks, 4x4s, bikes, cabins, boats, planes, and garages) and have read a ton of build threads, thought that this build thread makes a valuable contribution to online DIY culture.

So, without further ado:
    [​IMG]

Head over to www.hotrodbuilds.net for more outstanding builds!

27. Chris, Sure has not been much going on as far as what ya been up to since last Aug. when we were at your place....How about an up-date.....

28. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

I'm with 383duce with that up-date.