Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville Roll Call - who's going to Speed Week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoungeLife, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Tom Shannon

Tom Shannon

This will be my 5th year in a row volunteering as a course worker all week. See 'ya on the salt!

Tom Shannon
    Magna, UT

2. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

The per-entry list is posted at www.scta-bni.org.

469 pre-entries, largest ever. Salt reports are good, looks like a lot of racing this season.

DW

3. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Ron, you are such a nit-picking fuck. dexron-dextron
    See you in about a month.

4. bttt. I am bored here at work and getting real excited for the salt again. so lets see some of your favorite salt flat pics so I can pass the time while pretending to work.

5. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

Teaser...
    [​IMG]

can't wait...

Pete

6. It is comming fast.....I will be "bringing" my sedan down this time. It may not be as fun as the roadster on the salt but the clutch is out and I am out of time to fix it. Here are a few of my favorite pics I took a few years ago.

Attached Files:

7. TV

TV

Kev and I will be there with our 27 modified roadster, Look for { QUICK AND EASY RACING}. The Black roadster with a flathead Banger, we will be rolling in on Friday about Noonish. Stop by and say hello.--TV

8. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

You better believe I`ll be there!!Hope to have the Sedan back together in time.I`ve only missed 5 meets since my first in `84.This year I`ll be helping Kiwi Steve and Shug,and maybe doing fill in at the Timing slip tent...Hope to see all you deviants there!!

9. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Almost forgot--It looks like about four or five of us ,all driving real Hot Rods, will be leaving together from the Chevron in Troutdale,just off I84, about 7.30 am on Thursday Aug 10th.Have to leave early so we can make it to Smith Dairy in Bueh,Idaho for some Homemade Ice Cream-mmmmmm...Anyone else?Hmm?

10. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

I think that should be Buhl (B-you-L), Id... When do you think you will pass through for the ice cream, Thursday evening or Friday? I'm planning on leaving Friday Morning, Buhl is about 2 1/2 hours from me, on the way down.

Pete

11. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hi Pete--Usually we make pretty good time--the past few years we have taken the 30 cut off and got to Buhl about 6 or 6.30 in the evening.We stayed in a cheap room in Jackpot on the Thursday night last year--might do the same this time and get to the Salt about lunchtime or so on Friday.....Kiwi Paul.

12. 16 days 13 hours 16 minutes and counting. :):)

13. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

ive always wanted to make it out to speedweek.... if i can only make it out for a weekend, is there any understanding what classes run the first weekend, or is it all mixed?

Thinking about making the 8 hour drive overnight from San Jose Friday night and heading home on Sunday night.

-scott noteboom

14. TomH

TomH

Eyeball and I will be travling together. I'll be "bringing" my Mod.

Attached Files:

15. Mike

Mike

I plan on being there. Look for the yellow '52 F-1 pick up with Gilmore logos painted on the doors.

16. Would it be worth it for a 1st-timer to get there on the 14th? I have obligations on the 13th so I wouldn't make it till then.

Thanks,
    Kurt

17. Tom, see ya there. The old ragtop will be making the trip again. Camping at the KOA and crewing on #974 with Hoolie and his gang.

Charlie

18. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Confirming, I'll be there on the 11th and staying through the 20th. Turns out there's an SCCA event on the 18th-20th. I'll be the guy with a Miata on a trailer. Staying at Motel 6. Ty will be there too, and we're bringing two Salt-Virgins out.

19. I'm headed down, bringing a salt virgin (like I'm almost not) who has talked about going for the last 35 years that I have known him. Should be a great time.

Doug

20. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

When are you guys leaving? If there is a caravan I may want to tag along. Saftey in numbers and all that. I will most likley be driving my 51 chev.

Hotrob

21. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

I'm about 3 hours from Jackpot, so if I get an early start Friday, I might see you on the road. Look for my '50 Plymouth...

Pete
    [​IMG]

22. mad-cad

mad-cad

Hey Paul
    We'll see you on the salt on friday,our bunch will be driving up from Colorado on thursday.
    Tim

23. TomH

TomH

Charlie, be good to see ya again. Did you get the trans fixed???

Tom

24. Tom,

All fixed at the moment. Had the engine and trans out in the spring, made a few improvements to the tranny and added a big cooler with a fan. Lots of drama... but the problem in a nut shell was a cracked brass fitting where the lockup sensor stuck out the side of the tranny. I think something jumped up off the road and smacked that puppy upside the head.

See ya in afew weels.

Charlie

25. RodFarm

RodFarm

Now we are getting close. I'm heading there for my first time and plan on catching the "Just glad to be here" gang (#974) and driving in with them. I'm so anxious I can't stand it, just a few more days and were off. Hope to see you all there. Have a safe trip.

26. redbeard

redbeard

Yeah we are all getting pretty excited.

We have a gang of about 7 or 8 hot rods coming from Northern CA

we will see you there.

27. Cshabang

Cshabang

we (rolling bones) will be leaving Sat. morning.. the crew is almost loaded and ready......now I'm excited....

28. Neil

Neil

HELL YEAH!!!!! me an' redbeard an' some assorted folks'll be there!!! headin' out thursday morn!!!!

29. Dah Fish

Dah Fish

This year should be good. The word is the Salt is as good this year as it was bad last year and in the neighborhood of 500 entries are expected. Don't miss the Salt Talks Sunday evening at the Bend. See ya there.......Ed Weldon

30. Mick the Lurker and I will be on the Salt Friday evening and we'll hang around until Tuesday. I'll be in the Purple/flamed '47 unless I get the '34 back together in time. Mick will be in his red '32 RPU. Lookin' forward to seeing all of you again and meeting new friends.
    Don.