Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville Roll Call - who's going to Speed Week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoungeLife, Jan 11, 2006.

1. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

ok - let's call it out

I'm going, driving the Bel Air f rom Tulsa, along with a handful of other miscreants. Who else?

2. Cword

Cword

Seems kinda early for this, but what the heck.
    We've still got push rods to order.
    The Hotel reservations are made though, and last years vacation experience proved that we could still have a great time even without the truck to run.

We'll be back in 2006.
    [​IMG]

Mike

3. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

I know it's early but there's been a few other posts and I'm really stoked about going this year it'll be my first trip to the salt.

4. Brickster

Brickster

At least two of us are coming from Laramie Wyoming.

5. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

Provided it doesn't rain out, the boss and I will come down too.

6. My son and I are going for the 1st time, we need a hotel from 14-18, looking forward to a great time

7. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

Count me in... Bonneville or bust in my '50 Plymouth.

Pete

[​IMG]

8. im going with a buddy and his son. we arent sure what we're driving down yet though. i hope to meet some of the hambers there.

9. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

planning on taking the 63 wagon this year if the boss will let me leave work for a week :D

10. skumbag

skumbag

i'd like to go what are the dates? is it to late to make hotel reservations?

11. TomH

TomH

I'm going, got rooms at Super 8. Made reservations back in Sept.

Chopped Top, you should realy need to think about showing up by the 12th. By the 14 some will be leaving.

12. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I plan to go and camp at the Bend. I've wanted to go forever...this year I am going come hell or high water! (well I guess not high water...then no one will be there....)

13. Foul

Foul

Flying straight from Mopar Nats to catch a few days of racing.

I know the Rolling Bones guys are planning a repeat of their 2005 trip.

dan

14. A Boner

A Boner

I'm going in the family cruiser, with the family.

Do yourself a favor, and take your vacation for Aug. 9 and 10th to get there......and Aug.14 and 15th to get home. And spend the 11th, the12th, and the 13th on the salt. Get a group of guys together now, borrow a camper or van or tent and go there. You can camp at the bend in the road for free (no facilities).
    If you have never been there......just go. Don't worry about taking a hot rod there......just go.
    You can take the next step (take a hot rod) for your second time there.
    Take my advice...... don't say next year....... just go!
    Also on the evening of Aug.10th.... it is electric.......in the hotel parking lots....
    bench racing..... and the anticpation of the start of the "week".

15. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Where's the bend? Our camping plans are still sketchy.

But we are bringing a band with us.

16. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I'm driving my deuce highboy out from MN along with my buddy in his roadster from CT, we have rooms already, it will be a blast! We went 2 years ago and had a great time.:)

17. Todd553

Todd553

I'll be there! We will be runninig G/BFR and or G/BFMR.

Attached Files:

18. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Bonneville Roll Call - who's going to Speed Week?

Me. And like usual, I'll try to introduce a few of my friends that have never been to the Bonneville magic.

19. Thanks I have heard that before, I will get there friday if my son can get off work in Reno, he is a student there. Cant find any reservations anywhere, any ideas? - Mark

20. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

21. Chris 50

Chris 50

I've got reservations at the Stateline. This will be my fourth drive out there in the last 5 years. I'm bringing some newbies with this time. Not sure how many, but there will be some hot rods making the drive.

22. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

There is only one curve between the interstate and the salt. When you are at the curve you are at "the bend in the road"

John
    http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html

23. DUAL 4S

DUAL 4S

I cant wait ..ONLY 7 months till Speed week..........

24. Todd553

Todd553

Hey Uncle Tom is that bitch'n coupe coming to Bonneville this year. I hope so. by the way how are you going to mount tne push plate!

25. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

My son and I went out last year to celebrate a friends return to the salt after 50 years ago running 157.20 in a home built dual engine harley. Bad salt meant no record but he is returning with a 180HP modified V-Rod.

Hope to drive the 36 Ford pickup, but there's lots of work to be done before that happens. Regardless, we will be there Fri Sat and Sun at the Nugget.
    Ol Blue

[​IMG]

26. A latge contingent of Vipers, our little club, not the late model Dodge, are planning to be there with the "World's Fastest BBQ". We plan to feed a lot of people. Hopefully, you can catch a preview of it at El Mirage in May. Come on by and find out how I got my moniker.

Home of the Hydrazine Flash Chili

Listening to Grapevine - I See Hawks In LA

27. Bugman

Bugman

I'm gonna try and make it...

28. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Went last year with my son.Trip there sould be on any carguy's list of must do. Finding the bend in the road is as hard as finding the sun on a sunny day.

29. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

So what areas are available for camping? We were thinking of driving and then renting rv/travel trailer and hauling them out there as close to the salt as possible. Are there facilties with, well - facilites? Showers and electric n stuff or is it roadside roughing it?

Also - our plan was to leave early on Sat the 12th, sleep in Denver, arrive in Bonneville the afternoon on the 13th. Are we going to miss all the good stuff? Somebody said people started leaving on the 14th? We were going to stay all week and drive home the next weekend.

30. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Best to arrive on Friday. The weekend of the start has the biggest crowds and a lot going on. Showers are at the truck stop that is within sight of the bend in the road. Portapotties on the salt. After lunch, because of the heat, they really start cooking and so it is best to use the potti early in the day. After Tuesday the crowd gets smaller as those who are broke go home. The racers like it later in the event as the lines are not as long and they can make more runs each day.

Check this site for some good information. http://www.roadsters.com/bonneville/#Links

John

#974 http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html