Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville role call...Who's going to speed week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Jul 11, 2008.

1. oh shit now that is too cool, looking forward to seeing that make some passes. we always stop by your pit but you guys always seem real busy to be chatting.

2. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

I think I am going to try and make it for a couple of days.. I will probably be helping out on my old bosses Lakester.
    Jimmy White

3. 55olds88

55olds88

my mate Mike will be there wrenching on this...... both all the way from NZ.

Attached Files:

4. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Wrenching on this to do what? I certainly hope you're bringing it over thinking you're going to run. I see a few glaring omissions. Wayno

5. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Don`t worry Wayno, the photo is months old. The boys have it together....if you aren`t too busy with Mike, Dana and Greg, I`ll buy you a cold one...hope to be there in the Sedan again this year. Leaving Portland 7am Sat. 16th...Kev, hope to see you there...I am supposed to be giving Kiwi Steve and Shug and Irene a hand. I think this is officially #20 for me....First one was `84 with Kiwi legend Bill Ward, who is returning this year with a new car, and half the friggin country...

6. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Bunch of us from Connecticut will be there. Customer of ours runs the Thaker/Shine roadster. Should be a good year.

7. DRD57

DRD57

I'll be there in my coupe. Staying at the bend since the hotels are all filled up.

8. KiwiGP

KiwiGP

We were there last year and will be back for the kiwi invasion this year. Staying at the nuggert again, hope to catch up with some of you over our 5 days in Wendover. There will be 20 in our group and I have heard of up to 250 more kiwis heading over to support all the teams this year. see you on the salt. GP

9. Mike

Mike

I'll se ya'll there, Tom.

I was in Long Beach for a wedding (not mine) this past weekend. Mary and I drove out to El Mirage on Sunday morning, I didn't get the word about the cancellation, doh! We wound up taking a nice drive though the desert and the Angeles Forest, so it ended up being a pretty good day anyway.

10. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

The "FLYING PICKEL" will be there .Ive been on this crew for going on 10 years now:) 300" of alcohol injected Chrysler hemi, circa 1954! :DSee you there!
    [​IMG]

11. ratstar

ratstar

I do believe The Flying Pickle goes down as one of the coolest names of all time!

12. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

We're heading up from So-Cal with about 12 cars. First time back in 20 years. Really looking forward to it. Might even have a ride on the salt to get my license.

13. Moonglow

Moonglow

Can't make it this year, but my wife and I are already planning our trip for '09. Can anyone advise about the options of where to stay, etc.? Camping isn't for us. We'll be Bonneville virgins, so we don't really know have a clue about this sort of stuff. Any advice would be very appreciated.

14. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

I know alot of people think Bonneville is just a big party BUT, there is alot of work, stress & dedication by everyone involved fron inspectors to particpants for a safe run !
    Here a special inspector comes to our pit area for an indepth safety check.:confused:
    [​IMG]

No detail is left unchecked. A close eye could save a life!

[​IMG]
    A good swift kick to make sure everything is O.K.

[​IMG]
    At last, everyone is happy with inspection, Let's go racing!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  15. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

I don't remember THAT kitty inspector from last year....

Keven

16. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Well, helloooooooo kitty!

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

18. Dennis Varni ... Always the perfect gentleman!

19. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

2 1/2 weeks to go......

20. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I am so bumbed I will not make it this year. for those of you that are on the fence about going, GO!!!!! Its the best event on this planet!!!!!!!!!!! You will not regret it even if you have to tent it.

21. nexxussian

nexxussian

Sooo, Water, Factor 5K sunblock, hat, shades, reflective undergarments, anything I'm missing?

22. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Looks like the salt is gonna be OK this year:

07/23/08: A note regarding our 2nd Pre-Trip July 20-23

Trip went well. (Almost) On Sunday the 20th, as we traveled, it rained all through Las Vegas and a lot through ELY up through White Horse Pass just South of Wendover. It cleared up by Wendover and had not rained at all there.

Monday we spent all day setting up and dragging. Salt was Hard, Dry and Smooth, Weather was in low 90’s and overcast.

We completely finished the Long Course (8 mi) and had both the Short Courses ready to go to begin dragging again on Tues. morning. It Thundered and Lighting most of the night (Monday night) but no rain fell in “Downtown” Wendover.

Not so on the salt flats, there was considerable water standing across most of our race course areas and we had to call off any further work for this trip.

We decided to wait until we arrive just prior (A week) to the event to do the finishing touches on the courses. With no further rain ( the storm had passed through) in sight we feel that the water should be gone in a few days and the salt will be left in at least as good condition (Great) as it was prior to the storm.

As we left Wendover the weather was Clear and Hot (Of Course) We’ll keep you up dated from now until the event with reports as we get them. Be sure to check the SCTA / BNI web site for ACCURATE Up Dates.

A special thanks to the other members of our Advance Crew. Russ Eyres, Fred Dannenfelzer, Jim Jensen, Jim Dunn and Larry Volk.

Mike Waters, Chairman BNI

23. ls7gto

ls7gto

the wife and I will be there! cant wait!!

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

2 weeks from today I'm leaving, can't wait! :D

25. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

Maggi and I will be there in the Sedan starting Saturday. First timers. Planning to caravan to the drags with Denise, Megan, and others I'm sure. Looking forward to a great week!

26. squirrel

squirrel

I'm planning driving up and sleeping in the 87 suburban, with my 20 yo son. Should be there Sat night?

27. Kathy2151

Kathy2151

We'll be at bonneville with cars # 1034 and 1946 looking forward to another great year on the salt.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. 1940rpu

1940rpu

This will be my first time out on the salt. Flying out with a couple of friends. It's gettin close. So cool...

29. Frosty2

Frosty2
    from Hambone,IN

For the first timers remember the sunblock.My sunblock is for sissies comment still makes for good laughs.check out my avator.Can't wait to see everyone again this year.