Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville role call...Who's going to speed week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Jul 11, 2008.

1. hershambob

hershambob

me,,monday and tuesday,,,1st timer

2. I'll be there with my wife, come up and say hi. Be there Sun-Thurs. I am driving my COE unless something drastic happens in the next month. I can guarantee you won't see another rusty Ford COE.
    [​IMG]

Here is from Speed Week 2007, before the top chop:
    [​IMG]

3. Yes I will. And you and Bobby will see me. First time camping for me since there isn't aroom to be found. Should be very interesting. Bonneville or Bust!

Attached Files:

4. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wouldn't miss it. Look for the '37 Slantback Stromberg Support Vehicle.

5. Rckt98

Rckt98

I will be there Sunday to Wednesday.Only made the decision to go last week, meeting up with a couple of mates over there.Have always wanted to go & for a Kiwi this is the year, with 11 teams (6 cars 5 bikes) racing there will be a huge contingent of Kiwis on the salt.
    Looking forward to meeting other HAMBers, is there a meet & greet organised? Denise?
    Russell

6. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

YES, sure will be there, A Chopped Coupe and I..I'm so excited, first time..Hope to meet lots of HAMBERS and others..
    Duane..

7. Pete

Pete

The alter boys are driving to Bonneville from Boston, so far we have 3 guys driving.

pete-

8. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

At least they have bathrooms at the camp this year. You'll be living in luxury. haha

9. salty40

salty40

I'll be there, with a buddy, staying at the Nugget from 8/17 to the 21st. I hope to drive my lil' chopped 40 truck, but if my daughter comes with, it will be the "Ick! Gross! Disgusting!" black 98 SS Camaro convert. There is no way three fit in the truck. Maybe I'll just stay home. Then again, I could fly her to SLC and then three in the truck for a hundred and ten miles would work?

Attached Files:

10. ratstar

ratstar

Didnt your truck start out in SLC?

11. DCarr

DCarr

Did you work the Course last year ? Where abouts ?

I worked 11 of 12 shifts on Course 2 at Mile 2 last year and will be a Steward again this year for the first couple of days on Course # 3 I assume

12. Leon

Leon

I was on course 1 mile 1. I haven't talked to Larry yet to see where I'll be, I would like to get around mile 2.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, of course there will be and I'm really looking forward to finally meeting you.

We'll come up with a plan for the Meet and Greet, day, time and location shortly.

14. rodncustom

rodncustom

I hope to go if I can get a room for the first half of the week.

I call every hotel everyday:)

15. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I'm rolling the roadster out this year w/ Baron von Mike riding shotgun!
    We're taking off Saturday, staying the night in Austin Nevada, and rolling in Sunday evening, and probably staying through Wednesday or so.

jay

16. Chuck R

Chuck R

I will be there, I can't wait for the annual pilgrimage.
    chuck

17. shit I am already there, no really my wife and I will be there, we wouldnt miss it.

18. TomH

TomH

I'll be there with my old roadster.

19. Lane you should bring it out! Sorry I havent called you back, been busy but I will get you the stuff you need to polish that beauty up.

I am trying to go but work is not being very coprative. May have to just not show up to work. Hell I have walked off jobs for less.

We will be there!

20. Firefly

Firefly

Hey Kev, have a great time, try not to trip over all the Kiwis. Approx half the NZ rodding frat. are going this year.

Hasta la vista - J :)

21. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

The Strange Days gang would like to buy you and Megan dinner one night for being such great hosts to us at the Autorama. See ya there!

22. patina steve

patina steve

WOW ! looks like a great turn out, plan on bring'n out the roadster again this year....................

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We would be honored to have dinner with your posse. I'm really looking forward to seeing you boys again and hanging out.

24. BAMAGUY

BAMAGUY

Hoping to make it.....First time.....
    I know it is very hot during the day.....
    Assume light colored, loose clothes and a large hat is good?
    Does it get much cooler at night?
    Will be in truck camper.....

Thanks......

25. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Gonna make it thia year... Heading down with Boones in the Buick and 2 other cars on Friday the 15th and rolling into town on the 16th. We are going to try and meet up with the Rod & Custom Mag tour in Winnamucca on Sat for the Flying A Museum tour. Anyone from the NW is welcome to roll down with us...Alan

26. my dads best friend from high school will be debuing his new lakester class car look for car 77

27. JAWS

JAWS

I too am curious what to expect and would like to be prepared. I would hate for my virgin time to be lousy because I was not. Please some advice from all you repeat offenders.....:D

Be gentle...:)

28. Whoa! Luxury! The idea of it astounds me. Well. We should have a good time anyways. Looking forward to hanging with all the fellas from Old Crow. Cah! Cah! Cah!

29. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'll be there Sunday night through Thursday...bringing a couple other Texans with me.

Wish I could drive out in a hot rod again this year, but I can't take the extra time away from the shop. We'll still have a good time though!

30. 272sedan

272sedan

Hey Kustombuick shoot me a number I can reach you at I would definetly like to roll w/a bunch of other NW cars I live in chehalis and will be driving my 34 5 window chevy