Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Bonneville pic for wall art project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CG, Jul 11, 2014.

1. I've looked through a ton of old Bonneville pics here on the HAMB, and haven't quite found what I want. I want to blow up a color photo from the 50's or 60's from the salt. Can be track, pits, anything that would look cool blown up to wall size. There are a ton of great pics here, but I think they will lose too much when scaled up. Anyone have some higher res or large size pics I could possibly use? Id be willing to pay if the price isn't too over the top =)

I'm going to use the rasterbator website and print out the pieces of the poster. Ill be doing them full bleed so as not to have the borders. The boss is on vacation for a couple of weeks and I'm going to put this on the wall behind my desk at work. I think he will be fine with it lol.

http://rasterbator.net/

2. 117harv

117harv

3. That is a really cool pic. Looking for a color pic though, and probably much bigger. Im still saving it though =)

4. I don't have any colour pics from Bonneville, what about this..... b-ville-startline-1951.jpg

5. Man, the two black and white pictures you guys have posted have me rethinking it has to be color. Ill have to save them and see how well they work blown up. Luckily I work for a copier/printer company and I can make all the copies I want color or black and white for no cost.

6. pontman

pontman

7. I honestly don't think if these to pictures were color they would have the visual impace of the black & white images!

Thanks to Harv I have a new desktop.:) HRP

8. Yeah I have to agree. And thanks pontman ... tons of great pictures there. I'm going in to my office today and will do a little measuring on the wall behind my desk. I was looking at some of the pics on the rasterbator web site and many of them aren't clean and crisp, but they still look pretty cool.

9. You said rasterbator.

10. LMAO ... Yes I did, I was waiting from the get go for someone to say something ... good job T =)

Well I need the final poster size to be 66.5 inches wide and when I ran those two pics through the rastor website they were just giant pixels on each page. Might have looked ok from 50 yards back, but my office isn't quite that big ... the search goes on.

I have a ton of pics I've taken at Bville, but Id have to edit the heck out of em to get rid of any modern cars. I was really hoping to use a much much older pic. Keep em coming if you have them. A very large one would be great, you could just email it to me.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

13. Call Mike Harrington aka Buick59 here. He has tons of hi-res shots including the storm shots of Tims truck on the salt.

14. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Probably not what your after, but one of the better bville pics i have

Attached Files:

15. Well I've tried a ton of pics through the raster site. None of em look good at all. I even manipulated them in Photoshop (CS5.5). Enlarged them through the 110 percent increment method, etc etc. I think the only chance I have for a decent pic is to start with a 300 DPI pic VS the usual 72 DPI pics found on the web.

If I only wanted something poster size all would be fine, even with the 72 DPI pics. Thanks for those that have posted pics up. When I do get something I like and put up in the office Ill post a pic here.

16. The Johnson Shipley camp circa late 50's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]