Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville... On the Bucket List?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

next year, next year. saving money, and making plans now...

3. JAWS

JAWS

I'll be there....

4. It's on my list to do !! God willing and the creek don't rise!!

5. Brandi

Brandi

Yep, it's on my list. 2010? Hopefully!

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Jay, it was good to meet you and Mike while out there last year.
    Will you be there again this year?

Here's a quick shot at the Bend in the Road camping area, after the Hop Up Party, I believe...

[​IMG]

Malcolm

7. Randy Bradford

Randy Bradford

Been drag racing for 45 years and this is the year for the first Bonneville. Really looking forward to it.
    Randy Bradford
    Bradford and Son AA/FA www.bradfordsfiat.com

8. A Bonneville trip is in the works for me in 2010.

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

Leaving Thursday......

Can't wait.

10. choptop4

choptop4

Jay ,before you leave.tighten all of the lose bolts this year.Not just some.

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Damn straight Jay.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I leave on Friday... I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it... I know, I know, I know...

13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Got your leotards and sweat bands ready? :D

14. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

I'll be there. It'll be my first time, headed there with some Road Devils out of Denver. Hoping to take lots of pictures and I may possibly bring my bike if I can we can get it running. I might have some pinstriping stuff too, so if you want your ride striped at Bonneville come hit me up!

See you there!

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I leave at 4pm TODAY!!! :D

16. Leaving Sat AM. First time there. And yes, the Mrs has been referring to it as a bucket list trip.

17. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I had the pleasure of driving from Austin to Wendover behind Jay and Mike last year. It was my first trip to Bonneville and the drive there and back in my model A was as thrilling as being on the salt, especially driving on 50, second in line in a pack of neat old hot rods with Jay's roadster in the lead.

Without a doubt, the BEST time of my life as far as bein' on the road in a traditional hot rod is concerned. I highly recommend it:D:D

Can't go this year, but that just makes dreaming about next year all the better.

Rich

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Leaving Friday morning should be there on Friday evening. Words cannot express how stoked I am for this trip.

I definitely would like to drove there next year but I am just greatful right now to be going. I know it's going to be something that I will remember for the rest of my life.

19. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Eeewwww. I can't believe you went there . 80's vintage :eek:

20. I plane on going when I complete school. One question however how do you go about registering if I just came alone and not with a team?

21. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Bonneville has always been on my bucket list and I checked it off in 2007. I thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip but I'm itching to go again.
    My riding buddy in my '36 was my best friend, running, cycling, swimming buddy. He wasn't a car guy but definitely was by the time we reached the salt. We even talked about him building a hot rod when he got home.
    Sadly, he died unexpectedly one year ago. It was devastating for his family, my family and friends. His wife has given me permission to sprinkle some of his ashes on the salt next year. He was in his element on the salt.

22. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Guy's please come by the Old Crow pits and check out our new motor and have a cold one on us. Well not exactly on top of us but you know what I mean....
    H&H Flatheads/Antique will be on hand and we also will have Church stuff as well.... See you on the salt.. Lucky

23. "Have you even driven an old car to Bonneville?"
    Oh hell yeah! In fact, that's where we met each other...under your tent. Got to meet your lady too.
    Driving an old car to B/ville is really a treat and every HAMBer should do it..it's good for the soul.
    Remember my old black Poncho coupe?

Attached Files:

24. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

It's number one on my bucket list. I'm gettig too old to not start making plans. I'm going to start checking into the $ involved... keeping my fingers crossed for next year.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Old Crow is definitely on the list. Respect the hell out of what you guys are doing out there. I just hope I'm at Bonneville when your Chrisman inspired coupe hits the salt for the first time. That's thing has been giving me goose bumps.

26. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Next year at Bonneville for sure. This year I just had no time to put into the car and I really didn't want to rush it. I'd rather do it right. Next year my goal is to finish the car and start the race season at El Mirage and license up so I'm ready when I get to Bonneville.... look forward to meeting you. Lucky

27. VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE

VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE
    from Michigan

Leaving tomorrow morningit will be my 3rd time there , next trip I plan on driving my Studebaker truck may be a couple of years though

28. McTullis

McTullis

This will be my first time. I'll probably shed a tear the first time I see a belly tank go down the salt. Can't wait...

29. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

One of these days.....I hope.......
    For those of us yet to make it, I for one sure do appreciate the photo's you guys and gals bring back to share with the rest of us. While it isn't as good as being there, the pics you folks snap give us(me anyway) a great view. Better than a magazine spreadIMO. So-thanks.

30. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I WILL be there in 2010, I got a roadster to put on the road first! Villlage Idiot (thanks Steve!) invited us to meet up with the Rolling Bones crew on their way out to the salt the other day. Made me want to call my boss and jump in line!:D:cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009