Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bonneville Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patzfab, Dec 7, 2018.

1. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

Just an update. I have received my answer from the tech committee and as we are building a modified roadster, we are allowed a little leeway in the floor area.
    We haven’t had much luck in getting the correct ECU to run the motor and transmission that we intended to use. The engine is OK, we have everything to make it work, but the automatic is a different problem. So, we are reverting back to a T50. It has better ratios, and other sets are available , as in Close Ratio. It is not our intention to push all this stuff to the limits (famous last words)
    We will now move on with construction, which has been on hold till we had the motivation all settled.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. woodz

woodz

I just wanted to update this thread for everyone who had responded to Pats questions and who were following along.
    On Monday April 1, Pat suffered a massive heart attack and despite the very best efforts of his family and the first responders, he is gone.
    He wasn’t the most active on this form as far as posting goes so I am not sure how many of you actually knew him, but he was here a lot.
    He was an amazing person, fabricator, artist, mechanic, machinist, Hot Rodder and family man.
    He will be sorely missed every day.
    From his happy go lucky attitude to his wise cracks and always there when you needed him for car advice or a hand or a odd part machined up.
    I am proud to have been able to call him my friend.
    He was the driving force behind the Bonneville car we were all building together.
    We are hoping to keep moving forward with the project. We believe he would have wanted that.
    So I will be updating this as we go. But it might take a while for us to bring ourselves to work on it.
    I will leave you with a couple of pics of our friend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Straight Axle Guy

Straight Axle Guy

So sorry to hear the loss of Pat, he surely will be missed by his viewers. RIP

4. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

Very sorry for your loss.
    I think there is a lesson there for all of us.
    Pete

5. That's the news you just don' expect or want to hear, so sorry to hear of his passing and i do hope you carry on with the car as it will be a great tribute. JW

6. woodz

woodz

Thanks for you support guys.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.