Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hope to see you, Trent. Look for me in Inspection on Friday, or if I miss you, I`ll try and make it to the Bbq...Having any raffles or anything? PM me if you are. I have a couple of things I could donate if we are talking a Save the Salt donation.....Are you crewing for McTim again?

2. Yes, I am Tims pit bitch. Had not thought of the raffle, I usually do that sort of thing! DOH!?

3. Welp...Scotty and I'll be there...again.

4. mrdodge

mrdodge

Sounds like there might be a Kiwi or two there. :D Will try to throw something in the bag for a raffle. 43 days till we get on the plane Woo hoo.

5. Just like old times with the three of us. We are bringing better pit shade this year.

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

Trent, I'll be calling you this evening or next. Things have slowed for me and I've got some free time, now.

7. mlagusis

mlagusis

[QUOTE
    OK, HAMB BBQ plans are in place! We are doing this. Funds to go to SAVE THE SALT. The idea is to be set up Friday eve close to the road just East of the main group of campers at teh bend. I have banner and we will have an EZ up. MOre plans to follow.
    ][/QUOTE]

Let me know if I can help out in any way. We will be there Thursday night.

8. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

ill be there and I love bbq.... ill probably be smoking a brisket or 2 in my camp at the bend , just let your nose nose

9. Be nice to meet some other HAMB folk!

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'm late to the party here, you crewing for Tim's Ford truck???
    If so, I can find you guys easily that way.....

11. Yes I am Doug, be great to finally meet you.

12. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Cars will NOT be running on the 10th. That's tech inspection. Racing doesn't start until Sat morning. Just FYI.... I would hate to see a first timer miss the racing by a day.

I'll be there again for sure, hopefully in my '54 this year.

I'm in SLC, so if I can be of any assistance for the HAMB-R-Q let me know, I'm happy to help out.

13. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'll be there with my '26! ...will be my first time :D

Racing to get the T done so that I can drive it all the way from Portland, Oregon with a friend in his '17 T speedster...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Trent and I were talking about you last night Doug, We might have a little photo favor to ask of you if you don't mind riding in the chase vehicle. :rolleyes:

15. 57 3100

57 3100

yes, thanks... we will be in town on friday, probably late afternoon, and then hit the salt on saturday, sunday, and maybe monday for a bit..
    thanks again for the heads up

16. Anyone know when HOP UP and the Bean Bandits are doing thier feeds?

17. Hans....coming in from Houston if you need me to drag a motor back.

V

18. Thanks for the PMs offering help! You SLC guys will be hit up for sure.

Anyone have raffle items we can give away for Save the Salt?

19. Once again, thanks for stepping up and offering help. Was nice talking to you. I am off to find some cool items to raffle off for the SAVE THE SALT fund!~:)

20. Justin B

Justin B

i'll be up there for at least a few days, no $ to run the car this year but might still bring something old to put around in.

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Hey, Guys.......
    I usually always carry a fire extinguisher, a trauma kit, tons of extra water, etc. when I travel. Not for me as much as for being out in the wide-open somewhere away from civilization and coming across a traffic accident.
    So, it's been bugging me......so I'll ask:
    My extinguishers say not to store above 120 degrees.....
    I usually carry two 8 pounders.
    Now, a locked silver car on the Salt Flats is gonna get mighty toasty.
    I never am far from the car because of equipment needs, etc.
    BUT......I just can't imagine that there a lots of extinguishers out there and I have never heard of one going KABOOM....
    It would just really break me up to not be able to help someone so I'd like to have them.

Has anyone ever put one in a cooler????

So....any thoughts.....?????????????

22. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

we always have one in the race car trailer out there, and it is always hotter here in okla than there anyway, doubt it would be a problem? but dunno ..

23. Valid concern Doug. I have had racers tell me of firebottles going off inside a car from too much heat, but these were in a hatchback type car. I would think away from direct sunlight would be ok.

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

thanks....again, I've never heard of one blowing up, but I'd hate to be THAT guy

25. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Have Canadians been banned yet? Hope not... I'll be back again this year, and I'm bringing my Old Dad with me this time. He's never been, always wanted to see it, his fault I'm a car guy, so this time he's gonna fry his arse along with me.

Can't wait.

26. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

yup! i'll be in tech all week again. who wants to bring me a cold beverage?!
    -rob

27. They might frown on you working with the type of drinks I carry, but we will have something sugary on ice. Hit Tim and I up with teh #416 Unibody pickup.

28. Landspeedroadster

Landspeedroadster
    from st. louis

Going to make it pending a few rocker arms being delivered. Its 110 degrees with little humidity here in St. Louis this week, feels like the flats already!!

29. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well thats our old bonne buddy the miller roadster, hi guys hope to see ya again this year at the san diego roadster club parking. sam, okla, texoma flyer roadster 389.....

30. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I personally have had a 10 pound Halon bottle go off on it's own. It was in my Vega. After a rain storm and the pits were flooded. The bottle was in direct sun light behind the windshield. Since then I throw a white rag over the bottle when it's parked.