Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Here's a little something I took of the FlatCad guys. Sounds Good!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1pSCR7NnBTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Thanks Tim! I didn't get to see that, I was back getting someones ride ready in staging. ;)

3. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Some pictures I took at the Salt.

Photos

4. nexxussian

nexxussian

McTim, thanks for the video, that's one mean sounding caddy flathead. :)

5. Here is our best run!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlDcDYs-fl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. That video is AWESOME!!!!!

7. Good times, I love the last video

8. More fun at Bonneville, not just going fast but you can hear some in the back ground.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z0Yq6CB2h6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. flathead51

flathead51
    from Tacoma

From the swamp of the NW to the salt we came we saw, got the T shirt, set world record in E/DS class and made it back home with lots to look forward to next year!

10. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

That video was great. Thanks for letting me be a fly on the wall in the pits Tim. Good times!

Mac

11. cracker head

cracker head

I took 2 "new souls" to Bonneville with me this year to help with my new car. They are hooked now and can't wait till next year to go again.

The whole crew had a blast and already have a "new" plan of attack for 2013.

12. Mac, you and Landon were a big part of the crew! I was just bragging about him to Carla. We would love to see you out there for more salt time next year!

I have ideas on the BBQ, call me when you think about it;)

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

we went , got the shirt made 7 runs best of 173.286 3 mile, need more motor now.....already looking forward to next yr. endured the big wind the rain and the wendover widows....missed the bbq and raffle...great to see many of you pass the salt, sam:cool:

Attached Files:

14. Sam, you DID NOT miss the raffle. When we got rained out we decided to do the raffle ONLINE after everyone got home. I only thought it was fair since it is impossible to spread the word when folks are everywhere from Wendover to course 4.

I am slowly unpacking and sorting out raffle prizes and will talk to Ryan after he gets back from the HAMB Drags about the logistics of doing it online. I think I have the details worked out:eek:

15. GARY?

GARY?

Good to hear about the raffle getting rescheduled.

Ya know, I missed you again Tman. Are you real or just a dream ? :D

We just got home a few hours ago. Damn that was fun.

16. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Tman. Thank-YOU, for your effort to get the BBQ and raffle going. Although it didn't quite work out, your "SAVE THE SALT" contribution gesture was a great thing. Thanks for that. It was truly great to meet you, finally, and Mrs. NINE and myself enjoyed the get together anyway. You and Big did a bang up job. Thanks again, Buddy!

17. No worries man! Things will get even better when I get this raffle or whatever it will be going. Ryan is busy at the drags, I will talk to him next week. You are a wild man, thanks for gracing us with your ..........awe whatever!

18. superleggera

superleggera

Back in the Northwest as well -- but wishing I was on the salt still -- even after being there five days. Nothing better then the smell of nitro or sound of an engine blasting down the salt in the early morning -- or bs'ing with friends in the late afternoon. Got two guys on my crew addicted to the salt now. Learned a LOT about suspension design, preparation, equipment and more. Next year we will be back with a few Ducati powered motorcycles and hopefully the streamliner for inspection. Only about 360 more days until the fun starts again...

19. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Wild? Me? Nawwww...

Attached Files:

20. The cheers on the access road made our day! Your crew rocked

21. firingorder1

firingorder1

This may be a bit early but can we have a roll call for 2013?

22. TinShed

TinShed

My son and I made the trip without a hitch. Had a blast and met some cool people. Met TMan, Mr. ModelT and the Salt Flat Speed shop crew. Here are a few photos I took and I will say to the guys on here with kids, bring them and inspire them. I was walking in the pits on Friday and Sunday with my 8 year old and was stopped by many raceres including George Poteet to take time from their race prep time to talk to my son to get young people into this sport. I was very humbled and impressed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Love this truck, met the owner. Cool guy and on here but dam if I can remember his name.
    [​IMG]

23. Pssst..........Tin Shed, over here man. Hide the bottles dude. They are illegal on BLM land and they were writing tickets.

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'm asking the same question on my thread...post #328

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724839
    [​IMG] Re: Mazooma1 goes to Bonneville......
    <hr style="color:#e5e5e5; background-color:#e5e5e5" size="1">
    So...2013........you in?

yes

25. firingorder1

firingorder1

If I get a phone call this afternoon I should be picking up the bones of a 750 Norton Commando engine for the sidecar next year. Regardless, I'm in.

26. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Bill, I hope the Commando deal goes through!

Yes, we're in for 2013!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  27. firingorder1

firingorder1

It should Buddy. TC has tons of Commando stuff. Its a matter of digging through to find the decent parts. I spoke with TC a couple of days ago and he is all enthusiastic about building an engine for next year.

P.S. Congrats on your records!! The flatcad sounds amazing!! And runs amazing!

28. 57 3100

57 3100

WOW... no kidding ? saturday i was walking around with 5-6 heinekens in the bottle... i guess i got lucky...
    so, so they allow cans ?

29. Yes cans are OK.