Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Man...I'd love to take you up on it. Can't afford to be away for more than a coupla days at a time. Right now, I can't afford ANY days away.

I'm sure I'd have a blast hanging witcha! Have fun young man!

2. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

Bob gets off at 2:00 Thursday we are meeting on the 15 and 10 maybe around 3:30 then off to vagas where we are using my girlfriends condo for the night then heading up fri. morning

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

When is the 'HAMB' meet & greet? Is it Sunday afternoon like it used to be at the end of the pits on the spectator side or the 3 mile /4 mile(?) right outside the pits at 3pm?

4. Anybody flying into Salt Lake City late Friday night that I might be able to catch a ride to Wendover with?
    I have a ride when I get there, I'm trying to avoid Renting a car.
    Brett.

5. Looking at the weather forecast shows a couple of evening Thunder storms - Hopefully nothing like last year!

6. Sorry, I can't help ya.
    I'll be blowing through around noon.

Best of luck to ya, and I hope we meet up.

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'm in Caliente, Nevada for the night....rain, lightening, thunder....sheesh!

8. RenoWrench

RenoWrench
    from Reno

New member here, looking forward to Bonneville, a friend and I are getting in either late Fri. night or early Sat. morning and I imagine we're going to be camping somewhere along the bend in the road.

Aside from the raffle/BBQ is there an official H.A.M.B. section/pit on the salt?

I'll have my camera in an attempt to build up the old portfolio so anyone interested in doing photo shoots let me know. I can't promise anything quite as nice as Buick59 (amazing work by the way) but we can give it a shot and see what happens.

Some examples of older non-Bonneville stuff as reference:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/electrictrout/sets/72157624694939299/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/electrictrout/sets/72157630733708284/

Hope to see a few of you out there, now I'm off to try and find some non-billet cars at Hot August Nights.

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

The texoma flyer is on the road from texas as we speak , I will be flying out in the early am tomorrow, see you at the salt tomorrow afternoon/...........hell yes pass the salt

Attached Files:

10. Florian

Florian

anybody got a motel room left for the weekend? :D i'm in salt lake city at the moment and we want to head out to wendover friday morning.

11. t-rod

t-rod

Caliente is a little off the beaten path, what takes you there? My father was born there, and I'm sure I must still have family there, but I haven't been for thirty years.

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I drove this way two years ago and the other way back (the more common route) and found this more enjoyable.
    Plus, I really liked Caliente when I stayed here two years ago, so this time I planned for two nights here.
    I plan on going up the road 16 miles tomorrow to visit Cathedral Gorge.
    I was disappointed two years when I flew past the road to that spot only because I was in a rush to get to Wendover.
    When I got home and Googled Cathedral Gorge I realized that "next time" I would slow down and see some sights.
    If not now, when? Right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  13. 75SSShovel

75SSShovel
    from Idaho

Leaving Boise Area Friday morning for Bonneville on a motorcycle........rollin solo!

14. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I wound up with an extra room at the Nugget for Friday and Sat night. 2 queen beds. If you want it I will just have you pay the bill on check in. I think it was around $190/night. Don't hold me to that, I reserved it months ago and can't remember exactly what the cost was. Either way, you'll only pay what they charged. I'm not trying to make money.

OR

I have a room for Friday night only. If someone would rather take that I can at least recoup SOME of my costs on these two rooms.

Friend bummed out on me last minute so I have an extra room.

Trust me, after a long day on the salt (and it looks like it's going to be HOT) it's nice to have an air conditioned room to go back to, shower, shave, shi**, and a nice bed to sleep in.

Camping is for real men, and I must not be one. But I'm comfortable!

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you want it. Be fast. Slow is for losers.

Mac

15. cracker head

cracker head

We just got the car loaded. Gotta pack all the tools and assorted shit, grab a clean pair of drawers and haul ass in a few hours. I'm as giddy as a school girl!!

16. rileyrecords25

rileyrecords25
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

17. Headed out tomorrow after work. Can't wait.

18. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Just talked to Tman and he was just rolling into Bonneville. Tim already had camp set up and everything! I'm thinking about dogging work tomorrow and heading out a day early. I'm gettin' the shakes!

19. I'm loaded and ready to roll!!! Oil change tomorrow,top off the gas,and i'm out!!!
    I'm bringin extra everything this year...
    Looking forward to meeting up with Bobby Green and the Old Crow Camp. Rumor has it,I might get to push off the Old Crow with my Old Crow Push truck. Either way....this will be a dream come true!
    Packed every HAMB shirt I own too,hahaha...

20. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Vinces roadster is all loaded and ready to go. We're leaving early tomorrow morning, with my dad and brother following in the pickle. I'm so excited I dont think I can sleep tonight.

[​IMG]

21. Florian

Florian

Hey there!

We would love to take your extra room for Friday night! Just dropped you an e-mail!

Thanks!

Florian

22. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

3:30 AM Leaving Rock Island Wash. for Wendover, Fun to be had by All !!! THANKS Chris

23. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heading out this morning.Man, I'm stoked.You would think after fourteen years of this foolishness,one would lose a little of this excitement.No friggin way!

24. TinShed

TinShed

4 from MN headed out yesterday afternoon. My son and I leave in 12 hours, both first timers. My some is giddy and so am I :D

25. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Car is in the trailer and I'm leaving in 1 or 2 hours. Wayno

Attached Files:

26. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I'll be leaving early Friday AM, around 3, hopefully be there by noon. Bringing the 34 with me so if you see it stop by and say hi. A friend of mine is going for a vintage m/c record, that record is 47mph. He put together an old hummer for the same class and has been clocked at 52 mph. So Tim, good luck to you.vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  27. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

LOL!!!! Cars are much slower running upside-down. Not only will their car run better, but their toilets will flush the right direction! HA!

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I just met up with four fellas stopped here in Caliente, Nevada. They had stopped for a break and were heading out again to Bonneville.
    They started out in Phoenix.
    "Jerry" and his truck are heading to Joplin after "Speed Week"....

"jerry", "hotrodnailhead" and two other guys...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I saw their cars when I was returning from "Cathedral Gorge"...awesome

[​IMG]

dig my shoes!!!!!

[​IMG]

29. superleggera

superleggera

We will be on the Salt Flats on Saturday morning -- from Puyallup, WA; Redmond, WA; Chugiak, Alaska. Hope to see a lot of streamliners and fast cars going down the salt. Hopefully we will have our Ducati powered streamliner on the salt for next year.

30. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

What is the scale of this? I thought I "got it" but that last pic, with your shoes THREW me! Looks AWESOME! Glad to see Jerry out there!