Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Thundersalt

Thundersalt

Mike, I get what your saying. The car show at the Nugget is nice but after long days on the salt setting up your pit, getting teched, and the first day of runs, it sucks to have to park at MB accross the street to get to your room at the Nugget because you can't get in the lot or find a parking spot. But it is what it is......

2. TinShed

TinShed

Counting down the days. I fly into town Thursday night with my 8 year old and plan to check out the Salt Flat Speed shop Friday morning then check out the salt flats for the first time. I hope for good weather!

3. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

I find the comments kind of funny....:D

4. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

I will be with TinShed's Dad and a couple of friends rolling in on thursday sometime. More first timers...may not be the last!!!

5. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Probably want to check with Chris to see if he'll be there Friday morning. I know his open house is earlier in the week and he's going to be heading out to the salt. Just don't want you to make a trip for nothin!

6. Just opened a tube and we have FOUR killer Weesner prints for the raffle! Thanks Keith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

NICE! I'm going to have to load up on raffle tickets. That's cool!

8. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Where do you guys set up for "Save The Salt" ? Missed it last year. Thx....

9. The Save the Salt folks will have a booth close to Impound I was told. They were trackside kitty corner across from our pit last year if you remember our local.

10. Bummer Mark! :( Good for you! I hope you do well! :D

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

T, Jeff, etc.......
    Can we have a place to meet on saturday on the salt?
    Possibly Tim's pit?
    I don't know how we'd be able to tell when you guys will be there, or where exactly you will be pitting, but.....
    I dunno...any ideas?
    Two years ago, I parked right next to Bob K. We both sat in our cars for 30 minutes watching cars make passes, then I drove off.
    I didn't know it was Bob until I posted the photo of him a week later.
    I'd like to avoid something like that again.....Doug Hayes

any ideas????

anyone going to have a banner on the salt?

12. If saturday PM is hot like last year we will be shelled and in the pits/shade. Just ordered a new 10x16 mesh sunshade like the Tech guys use. Lets look at 2 or 3PM, I can't get Tim on the phone right now but will discuss.

randaddy from OKC has a banner in his pit with their bike. Always a great pit to stopp at, they kept me hydrated last year ;)

Randy. It would be cool if you guys pitted by us if possible?!?!?!?

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

we are always with the san diego roadster club with a long row of awning covers and roadsters.. look us up

Attached Files:

14. Tman, We will be with the Bones boys once more in there pit crew. Hope to make the BQ Friday night at the bend in the road. Plus the STS auction.

15. Thanks man! To clarify, I think we will do it as a RAFFLE. $5 a ticket. We will do our best to start serving dogs and get teh raffle going so folks can head to town and relax/see the sites.

16. For the last several years HAMB peeps that aren't part of a crew have set up at the very end of the pits. Its approximately at the five mile mark. The only time I remember seeing a banner is when Denise was in control ... That lady gets things done =)

But come to think of it, last year people were more spread out.

Any way us guys that cant make the raffle (we don't get down until Sat) can shoot you some bucks via PayPal or something and you hook us up in absentia?

17. I dont have paypal, but cut me out as the middleman. Donate at their website!:)

http://www.savethesalt.org/Save_the_Salt/Save_the_Salt!.html

18. OK, free beer for YOU at our pit! Is that OK?:D

19. I have no problem with guys meeting in our pit area. I'm ready to run and hopefully there wont be the work to do that there was last year. Pit area will be for relaxing. :)

Sorry you couldn't get me tonight Trent, Kathy and I had a date. ;):D

20. OK, Late afternoon sat in our pit IF we are not in the staging lane or on the course. Tim needs to do some hot laps this year.

21. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

How is the condition of the salt this year? Any projections on the weather yet?

22. Salt is looking good, scroll back. the advance team has some good grading done and 80 tons of salt was added to the ramp at lands end.

23. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

80 tons might help that situation a lot T. cant wait.........

24. Window Licker

Window Licker

My dad and i will be going to with the RB circus.

25. mac miller

mac miller
    from INDY

A follow up on the Johnston-Carbone-Wendt XXO-VOT roadster.
    Final assembly is nearly complete before it is dressed in its Watson Indy roadster bodywork!
    That 270 OFFENHAUSER sets this car above and beyond!

Attached Files:

26. The father in law and I are headjn up Thursday campin at the bend.. We'll be pit cruising in the Bonneville Bathtub, say g'day if you see us.

27. Looking forward to seeing that car!

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Holy Smokes....that's worth the drive for me right there...:)

29. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

Gorgeous car, can't wait to see it run.

Just a note though. I can't tell for sure in the pictures but any car over 150 mph must carry a minimum of 10 pounds extinguishing agent now. See rule 3.Q page 37 of the 2012 SCTA rule book. Hope that's what you've got. I'd hate to add any more work to your efforts. Good Luck!