Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville 2011 Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans' Rod & Cycle, Jun 15, 2011.

1. lownrusty

lownrusty

loaded ready to roll in the am!!!

2. Started out thinking we were going to have to rent a van or something (sold my Astro a couple of years ago) a bunch of us were going to go down together.

Every one of em bagged out, just got a call from my son, he was the last to cancel.

So I'm leaving tomorrow morning very early and driving straight through (800 miles) in my little Scion. The drive will be a drag, but the destination will be worth it.

3. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Hell yeah Justin!!

I am so stoked that your roadster will be at Bonneville this year.

I just finished packing and the truck is loaded...........See you Saturday on the Salt!

Tex

4. titus

titus

Were leaving in the AM, going to hit speedway museum tomorrow at 2 on the way.

look for the HHR panel that says "Stich Bitch" on the side:)

jeff

5. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Look for the blue suede stude #4594 Salt2Salt team car. We will be there on Sat. morning, either by the #1963 Avanti or the Acme Speed shop school bus painted like a 57 Poncho Chieftain. Destroked stude v8 (182") sounds really unique. 2.5" stroke and 7700rpm.....

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Know the feeling. Bonneville sounds good from about 6 months. Starts to get scary at about 6 weeks. I'll be by myself this morning around 4am when I leave. See you on the salt.

7. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Leaving in the am, got most everything packed, 1st time so I have this strange feeling I am forgetting something but since I have never been there, I don't know what to bring other than shade, sunscreen, water and a big hat. I did remember to pack extra batteries for the camera, will be taking lots of pictures.

Anyone have any tips for getting out there early to see a sunrise? Which day is best or do you just get up at 4am and hope you are first in line?

8. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Leaving Pocatello, Ida. 6am Saturday morn. and hope to be setup at the bend and on the salt by noon.

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Get up early and head for the salt. Sun comes up every day. You will be with everybody involved in record runs and plenty of other people who just want to be there.

10. On the road now,just left.Last minute planning like usual but its ok.

11. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

If I was going this year I'd be waking up in some place like Mountian View, after a short 4-6 hour sleep, groggy, and hungover from a long day of driving from the Seattle area, looking for the only mocha stand in town. By now I'd have covered another 200 miles, and I'd be about an hour away, finally on I-80, with the face of a little kid about to hit Disneyland.
    You all have a great, and safe time. And for all you first timers, I'll see ya' on the salt next year.

12. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

I'm heading out tomorrow night! I'll be there a little late.

Come out and find me either at the cruise in Wendover, or out on the salt!
    I'll have Sunglasses and Panels I'll be painting, and I'll paint your phones or what-have-you for $5-$10.

The new Mrs. and I would appreciate the help paying off our honeymoon to the Salt; and If nothing else, you can come by and say hi, and watch me paint!

You'll know me by my Car, and my curly Mustache.

Attached Files:

13. 13 and a half hours 753 miles today, Im staying in Wells tonight. Ill be up early to go get in line. Im not a part of anyone's crew (which is probably a good thing lol) so I cant sneak onto the salt as early as I like. Really looking forward to the next couple of days!

14. Justin B

Justin B

Just getting on the road now

[​IMG]

15. brady1929

brady1929

see ya there. flying in from phx tomorrow. have a safe trip.

16. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hey Justin,
    have fun!!!!!
    Michael

17. bunker hill bullet

bunker hill bullet
    from indiana

Leaving for the airport in 30 minutes. First timer!!!!!

18. Well got the B&B team up and its off for us see ya there..................

19. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Blast off in 17 min....

20. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

You sissy!

........save me a spot. Anyone know when and where the Meet and Greet is???

21. Just got back from heaven........I mean Bonneville.I had to make it a quick trip this year but it was one of my favorite years even if it was too short.There isnt anything that looks and sounds as good as a streamliner going 400 plus !

22. Just hit house after 12 1/2 hours. Met a ton of you, missed a few. was a good time.

23. [​IMG]
    It sure was nice to see this car on the salt this weekend since it has been one of my favorites for years.It is nice seeing it at a carshow but it's not like seeing it on the salt.One of the highlights of my weekend.

24. firingorder1

firingorder1

Still here. Have record return in the morning. Finally got to meet the famous Tman and a lot of others. Great time so far. Lot of rain last night but the salt is holding up.

25. titus

titus

Just got back home, 3026 mile round trip, what a great time, sorry for the of topic car pic!

Attached Files:

26. Jeesus! You using that thing as a pry bar? I've bent a few in my time, never like THAT!

I think you have a spring retainer bottoming out on a valve guide.

Sam

27. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Got back yesterday from our first trip. Had a blast! Stood on the starting line with the wife and kids and it was AWESOME !!!!!
    Big props to everyone that took the time and money to make this event possible.

I guess I'm one that got hooked, already dreaming up a car and motor combo to someday drive on the salt.

Remember to "Save the salt" for the future generations that will follow our footsteps.

28. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

make me wana go out there next year...

29. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Got back last night. It was great, as always. Saw quite a few old friends, made a few new ones, and saw some very cool cars go fast. Even survived the tsunami at the bend. I missed seeing a few people that I know were there, but couldn't locate. I guess we have to keep something on the list for next year.

30. PJCnLV

PJCnLV

Four of us were there Friday through Monday. I cannot say enough about the good time we had all around. The entire event is very laid back, everyone at the SCTA made us feel like very welcome guests and treated us with respect. This simply does not exist in any other motor racing venue that I have witnessed.

Without question, we will be back.

My Blog is at http://www.onemoremileblog.com covering the three days.

I apologize for the weight of coverage but there was a lot of grit in that sector and I love old and odd motorcycles as well as cars.

The storm Sunday night was pretty kooky! We are used to Desert Monsoons but the winds were stronger than anything I have experienced prior in the dez. Monday morning at bend in The road saw a quagmire in some places and the world's biggest pile of broken EX-up frames by the dumpster.

We can't wait for next year. In the mean time, I think I will hit El Mirage to get some more scoop on this stuff.

[​IMG]