Register now to get rid of these ads!

bones and barns

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by foghorn62, Mar 6, 2010.

1. foghorn62

foghorn62

It was a beautiful day here in S.E. Texas today, so I decided to grab my camera and go visit some of my favorite spots to see if the stuff was still there and how it had survived the winter. In the process, I came across some stuff that I hadn't seen before, and also found a barn full to treasure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a link to more picks from today.
    http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/foghron62/Bones and Barns/

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Cool beans...

3. gtkane

gtkane

That Gulf tanker is pretty cool!(not to mention everything else!)

Thanks for sharing!

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I always thought that one of those old tankers would make a sweet camper.

5. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

I know that 'ol yard!...Stumbled upon it on my way to the Round Up last year... left a message in one of the mailboxes at the pull-off...no one ever got back to me though... wonder if the cat that ones the place would ever part with any of it?

6. slammed

slammed

More to come ain't there? Back 'hind them bushe's an'a such.

7. foghorn62

foghorn62

It used to be a junk yard that he shut down several years ago. I had the guy's phone number at one time and called him to see if I could wander around his yard and shoot some pics. He said it would be ok as long as it wasn't on a weekend. Never made it back out during the week, but he has been steadly clearing stuff out over time.

I got the impressin that it is all for sale if you want a whole car or more since he is no longer in business and trying to clean the place up.

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Isn't that the remains of the Krenek yard in Industry TX? That guy was my wife's Grandmother's first cousin but I didn't know it while he was alive. Made several trips there and just couldn't get to sell me a car. He was one of those good old Texas car characters like the Kurtz brothers in Schulenburg but different and not just Czech to German either.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  9. foghorn62

foghorn62

Yup, that's the place. You say he is no longer living? The guy I talked to was obviously up in years. They are definitely trying to clean the place up now. Not nearly as many cars as there were a couple of years ago. There was a pretty nice 50ish Chevy 5 window pickup that I had my eye on in the back corner that’s not there anymore, and there were two pretty cool old Jeeps up front are gone now too. Someone is buying the cars or doing something with them. Hopefully not scrapping. I fear this place won’t be around much longer.

10. foghorn62

foghorn62

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I posted the above photos about a year ago. I went by this place today, and found nothing more than an empty field, stripped clean and looking like there never was a car or truck there.:(

11. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

That sucks! I sure could use those chrysler canted headlights in the background!!

12. foghorn62

foghorn62

Here is another place that I went by today. It is Daley Auto Salvage in Columbus Texas. I first went there about ten years ago when there were hundreds of acres with thousands of cars and trucks from the 20s up to the 70s, as far as I could see. Sadly, as I understand it, the owner went through a nasty divorce, and was forced to destroy most of the cars.

All that is left now is a few from the 40s to the 70s, and if anyone is interested, they better hurry because the crusher was there today and working its way toward what is left.

Fading Hopes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This little Nash was streight and solid. Gotta love the cactus exhaust.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Someone should try to save this 60 ElCamino. I've seen people driving worse on the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. joel torres

joel torres

is that batman's impala next to the camino

14. foghorn62

foghorn62

LOL!!! It might be, but it looks like Batman has

15. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

H.A.M.B.'rs need to save those cars and trucks before the crusher gets to them if the old gentalman passed away! Someone should contact his kin. FoMoKoPower has a point, the gulf tanker would make a cool camper!

16. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Are those old panteras?

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I can tell you from experience, a 1960 El Camino will bring big bucks for someone with the time to dismantle it and sell each and every part. if a person were to find a petrified cat turd under the seat, there is a guy on ebay looking for one. no shit.

18. foghorn62

foghorn62

No, there was a row of Opan G.T.s, and the little Saab sports cars.

19. oj

oj

It ain't good for me to be lookin at stuff like this.
    Any more pics?

20. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

21. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Wow I really want that buick Riveria in the bottom right. Always been a favorite car, its lines are just so beautiful. :eek:

22. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

That boat would look soooo sweeeet, painted to match, behind the 57 Country Sedan.

23. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Just don't smoke! If you take the tanker, I'd be more than happy to have those letters to sandblast, paint, and hang on display:)