Register now to get rid of these ads!

History "Bombs" versus Traditional

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldSchoolIsMoreCool, Apr 2, 2016.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got nothing against a well executed ranfla. The lo-lo guys put a lot of work into their cars. Some of the cars they do would blow your mind; for instance, you wouldn't expect a 70-73 Camaro to look good on a set of 30 spokes, but they do. It's personal taste, dig it or not.

2. Well he went to SE Asia, his mom was "the first one on the block to have her boy sent home in a box." [quote Country Joe and the Fish Upstate New York 1969]I don't know what ever came of the car after that.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I didn't know, sorry about that.

4. Don't sweat it, you had no way to know and it was a legit question. I wish I had pics of the car, it was beautiful.

5. 62rebel

62rebel

I love 'em. I love the PASSION the owners have for them; the labor and thought that goes into the car.... they're often technical masterpieces representing years of sweat. Sure, sometimes they can get crowded with accessories to the point that the owner has bought stock in JC Whitney, but that's part of the charm. I don't think you'll ever see one purposely rusted or with the roof cut out because of some "trend"....

6. In the beginning 40'50's there were Rods (racers) deal and Customs (drive-in Lovers) deal as far as cars went. and then there were Cool (Straight -people that got high and made it to the "Sessions") kind of People and Uncool People, no Homies, Paddies, Bhuda Heads etc. none of that! In a way you either "Made the Scene" or you didn't. The slang around So. Cal. for some of the cars the Mexican kids were building were "Taco Wagons", these cars were very cool but often were limited by money to nosed and decked pipes and lowered "all the way around". Exactly where the newer 60's 70's lowriders started is something to figure out. Lets do that, figure it out! The thing about Low Riders is they still get it as far as the "Scene" goes Girls Cars and Music!

7. Memo Ortega and Pat Ghanall have some good history on this.

8. Some pics of my car at a car show today and then at home with all the accessories on it.

9. Fun fact the Lincoln is my brother in laws and he bought it from chumlee from the history channel show pawn stars.

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I have spent the last 40 plus years shaving, decking, and chopping every car I could ! But I can get lost in a Bombita, or low rider checking out all the details and workmanship. They are always near flawless and attention to detail is unbelievable !! Of course so is the chrome plating bill !!! lol Larry