Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomber Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ncjamey, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Great work, very cool seats. I will have to look you up when I am ready for some seats.

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Dude, If you want to show your metal skills and techniques I would be more than happy to read through it 20 times, as far as looking like spam, brothers if all spam looks like this bring the horse into the city gates, I'll tell you after a month of reading about boats and lawnmowers this guy is a breath of fresh air, welcome to the hamb, you are an artist. Frank

grf-x likes this.
  3. Ok - how do you do the rivets ?

4. Labold

Labold

Wow, that's some great work!

5. 69fury

69fury

<--checks wallet.....denied.. *sadface*

that's some sweet talent you got there.. I love bomber seats but am using the stock bench in my gasser.... bomer bench would be bitchin!

6. BISHOP

BISHOP

I hope you sell a ton of your seats, you do nice work.

7. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

He does incredible work. I have seen the seats progress from simple to the more complicated seats posted here. Jamey is experimenting with brass rivets and if you ask nicely he might just do a tech story for HAMBers on how to buck aircraft-style rivets...

8. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Damn, that is some serious metal art. How long does it take on average to make one of these seats?

You know what would be really cool? You could make one, and then rivet in a rat fink on the back rest. Maybe some pin striping and sell it as a piece of art, maybe even a usable piece. Depending on how much you make off the first one, you could make a whole series of arts chairs. Just an idea to get you rolling. Get the creative juices flowing...

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

It came off as DAMN! not spam.

That work borders on art, seriously. Hell, post it in the next Art Show thread!

As for "pimping" and "pricing," when you start selling them here, throw it in the classified. But don't be shy about posting up

There are plenty of shops that show off their work on the regular forum, and it's work they get paid for, but the Forum Police don't bust their balls. The artists here who do their art pieces post them up, and a lot of that stuff is for sale, too. No Police.

You're a bit new, but from my point of view, "Hi, I make THESE" is a helluva lot better newbie post than most clowns around here made. Or still make.

Keep posting that stuff up, and let the haters hate. If someone asks for a price, handle it with a private message.

I'd love to see more of your work. Layout, design, punching the holes, flaring them, and obviously the rivet setting.

What do the seats weigh? Obviously, they're all different, but what's the ballpark for a bucket and a bench?

And I'd love for you to make a bunch of money selling those things, too!

-Brad

10. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Wow you gots some talent. Now start posting them in the classifieds.

11. deto

deto

12. Fan fn tastic,lots of detail.Love all the riveting.looks to good to sit on.

You would not want to trim it just show it off.Cool.

You should build aeroplanes,they have plenty of rivets in them.

13. freebird101

freebird101

14. ncjamey

ncjamey

Hey guys, just wanted to post another seat i built... i built this seat for a Coast 2 Coast 32. Thank you for your comments on my other seats hope you like this one.

Attached Files:

15. crapshoot

crapshoot

not a big fan of bomber seats but ,man thats some nice work keep it up

16. I believe it was Roothawg or one of the other Wichita/Oklahoma/airplane belt HAMBers that already did a tech on bucking rivets...............which by the way I learned in Jr High, and I am only 40 years old, why the fuck dont they tech Industrial Arts anymore!? Liberal fuckin administrators.

Nice seats BTW, you got a good eye.

Court, here is the thread I was thinking of, there were many more in my search, someone did one with good pics. I searched "riveting"

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246122&highlight=riveting

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  17. 117harv

117harv

ncjamey, your seats are awesome, especialy the last bench seat pic you posted. Your seats can go right past the traditional ride and straight into the living room, i would be very proud to display/use one, it would keep my blower, axle, wheels and other misc parts company.

18. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

holy smokes!!
    those are pure art! very nice, what tools makes those nifty beaded holes?

19. This response was a breath of fresh air. I love this site but there are A LOT of tough guys that sit behind computer screens. It's easy to talk shit from behind an avatar. With that being said I do agree that rules are rules and they are there to keep the site awesome. Sometimes we all need to learn a little about showing some grace. I know it sounds churchy but it's true.

20. 26T

26T
    from Denver

I just went to the myspace page. Your stuff is amazing.

21. HotRod33

HotRod33

Great looking seat..... how much time does it take to design and lay it all out....?

22. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Jamey, thank you for the pm. Your seates are great looking.Rock the HAMB. I'll talk to you later.

23. historynw

historynw

Very nice seats. What else do you talents inspire you to make?

24. Stan Lee

Stan Lee

the seats are bitchin and look way cooler in person...but all the metal work I've seen him do is bad ass

25. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

those are awesome!

26. built2grind

built2grind

Nice work! Now thats what I want to see.........pure artwork! Now throw down some pricing info for us.

27. sobpunx

sobpunx

those are awsome! but boy they look uncomfortable, i love me some padding, but anyways thats some awsome work man keep it up

28. ncjamey

ncjamey

Thanks for all the comments guys, I have a few buckets to show off now... i built these seats the past couple days. The last one has all copper rivets in them, which i think is pretty cool. Iam building a bench right now and i added a pic of it as well. I will keep yall posted on the build of it.

Attached Files: