Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bolt-in air bags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60olds98, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Is there such a thing? I have a 1960 Olds that desparately needs to be bagged but I ain't got no money. Any suggestions?

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Save up. Done wrong, it can get expensive.

3. Old Gold

Old Gold

X2......Its your cars suspension! If you cant afford to do it properly right now, make it a goal to shoot for. I spend more time "rebagging" inproper installs then I do starting from scratch.

4. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

X3....Get a big ol beer mug and throw your loose change in it if you have to to save up a little extra. (Plus drinking less beer will save some money as well :rolleyes:). A 1960 Olds will make a really cool mild custom. Don't screw it up by dicking up the suspension and running it into a lamp post.

Good Luck

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

5. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

x4..how are you gonna buy bags with no money?..brackets,valves,tanks,etc..save up..i would love to have a 60' Olds..i dig that Olds that Starlite did..

6. flatout65

flatout65
    from mid tenn

cheap and bags is a terrible combo!!!!

7. "Ain't no romance if you ain't got no finance"

however, for a budget build it's a different story. I bagged my '59 Biscayne(see my pics) for roughly $1,000 and it was pretty much all bolt on with the exception of relocating the shocks.

picked up the brackets from Canada http://www.airassisted.ca
    *check on the metal fabrication tab on the left. i paid $99 for the front and $99 for the rear. if yours don't show, pick up the phone and yap at them...that doesn't cost a dime.

The bag setup came from right here on the HAMB(kustombuilder). the cat's name is Mike Brimm. He took care of me with a sweet set up and he's easy to work with. all brand new and kicked ass.

Good luck with all that.

[​IMG]

8. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

NEVER cheap out on airride!!