Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boerne key to the hills Rod Run 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Oct 11, 2010.

1. RAY With

RAY With

We spent the weekend at Boerne for the annual key To The Hills Rod Run and what a crowd! There were over 400 cars and the crowd was so heavy it was hell to get pictures. We had to maneuver all over the place to get pictures due to the Sun and people but finally made it. We got to meet several Hambers and one was Mikey the pin striper. I have seen him work several years at the show but didn't know he was a Hamber.There was an unusual amount of roadsters this year and I got some good ideas for a possible new roadster build. Saturday evening they had a Rod Run and it was my first to go to and I wont miss another one. It was the high light of our weekend and the hills and view UN believable. We have 400 + pictures on the Gallery posted and still working on a few that we did on the rod run--Enjoy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. RAY With

RAY With

more shots

Attached Files:

3. RAY With

RAY With

Few more

Attached Files:

4. RAY With

RAY With

extras

Attached Files:

5. RAY With

RAY With

Attached Files:

6. Thanks Ray. I enjoyed our little visit. Oh, it's Mikey, but that's okay...I've been called worse. (Mickey...I hate that mouse)

That black 32 5w I'm striping...the owner found it in a garage in Fredricksburg, been there since '67, paint, interior, body lines, everything is mint. He said he didn't think the car was ever apart. I think we'd all love to own that one. Unfortunately I did not stripe enough cars in Boerne to buy it. Dang!

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

ooooh! Rare parts alert!!!

[​IMG]

8. Great looking show, thanks for sharing ,,,,Sam

9. RAY With

RAY With

LOL you would think that after posting your sign I would have got your name right but after editing 600 pictures I am a bit crosseyed. Just to make it right I did the magic edit thing and it worked!!! One of these days I will learn to pay attention!! Had a hell of a good time and will be there next year so hope to see you again.

10. RAY With

RAY With

Just finished up these Rod Run pictures. We shot these out of the car so quality is not always present but the trip and roads were great. Lot of winding narrow roads with high hills to climb then the down hill was like a roller coaster and fast. We were about 20 cars back and there were 50-60 cars in the pack . The shots out the back window didnt come out good at all so its all frontal but you can see what's going on.

Attached Files:

11. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

[​IMG]

i have seen this truck before, but i just can't remember where. :D

thanks for the plug!
    -danny

12. RAY With

RAY With

Hills

Attached Files:

13. RAY With

RAY With

last shots

Attached Files:

14. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

[​IMG]

one on the way home at canyon lake.

-danny

15. RAY With

RAY With

Hell Danny its a cool old truck--LOL Shamless plugs are ok here and with all the cars the shop brought you had your own show going!

16. RAY With

RAY With

This is a good shot and one that you need to frame and hang on the wall--And I still like the truck the best.