Register now to get rid of these ads!

Body work in New Jersey? Lookin to learn...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryangobie, May 11, 2008.

1. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

So here's the story. I just finished up school in december but my diploma just came a month or two ago. I'm a grunt for an electrical contractor right now so I can pay for insurance but without homework and a thesis project looming over me I have some time. So I'm trying to get my projects in order, a bike and a 53 chevy that's going to be my daily. I got some patches for it and was up at my uncles the other day asking about fixing the quarters and plugging some holes and while they're amazingly mechanically inclined their ideas about body work seemed a little off to me. I don't want to talk bad but lets say I want to get myself into some good habits, plugging holes, butt welding, etc. Figured I'd ask here if there were any body guys that could help me. I don't have a ton of money to throw around but I could certainly pull something together and provide some food and beverage of choice. I'm up in north jersey in morris county and my girlfriend is down south in atlantic county so I spend my time between those places. I don't know if this is a shitty thing to ask so if it is, I'm sorry. Thanks for reading anyways.

2. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

3. upzndownz

upzndownz

try local community college or adult education programs or check with a local welding supply store if they know of welding classes in the local area