Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bobs speedometer??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorfritz, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Anybody ever deal with Bobs speedometer? I'm looking to get my '40 Ford instrument cluster restored. I got a price from Classic instruments, they want $3400 to redo it with updated electronic gauges. I found this Bobs speedo shop he said it would be no more than $1500 to for
    the same thing. It would include re chrome the bezel, new glass, redo the face with the correct colors and numbers. And electronic volt, gas, oil, water gauges. I just wanted to see if anybody ever dealt with them before.

http://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/contact_us.asp

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Yes, he did the speedo in My avatar. Good price, good turn around time.
    Problem is the speedometer doesn't work. They said to send it back and they would redo it no cost to me. Sadly I'm not pulling the dash out again, it's a nightmare job.
    So my $500 went down the drain.

3. Was it a electronic speedometer?

4. Dont know anything about Bobs,,I always use Williamsons in Chester,Ark,,,

5. Bobs Speedo has always done great work on our historic road race cars- had 3 cars worth of gauges refurbished cosmetically and mechanically / all turned out very nicely and worked perfect, and they are nice to deal with.

6. Sounds like he's a good choice then.

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$1500, $3400 for a speedometer ???? :eek:

You're kidding, right?

8. 4tford

4tford

I've used them a few times for parts I needed always helpful. My buddy used them to redo his 59 vette gauges they came out great. Couple pics views of his vette gauges.

Attached Files:

9. Can you restore one cheaper for me? No way I would spend $3400 on it.

10. badshifter

badshifter

I can do it cheaper. Send it to me and I'll send it to North Hollywood Speedo, double their price, and send it back to you perfect. It will still be less than the quotes you got.

I had the tach, speedo, fuel, oil, and two temp gauges restored for a 37 Delahaye to Concours standards for less than the high quote you got.
    Those are crazy prices.
    North Hollywood Speedometer, North Hollywood, CA.

I use them a lot.

11. Thanks, I'll give them a call today.

12. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

I have used Bob's on my last three builds 40 Merc, 40 Ford , 32 roadster and each time they have been excellent. I highly recommend them....Talk to Bruce. He will custom silk screen logos , colors , etc. into your gauges also. In each case mine ran about $1350 to $1500 including all sending units. No problems.

13. Just got off the phone with them. They said I would be around $1300.

14. yblock292

yblock292

x2 they have done three sets for me, excellent work and price

15. Just got the cluster back from Bob's today. It looks great, very happy with it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395704974.037607.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395704987.823291.jpg
    Before

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395705006.576725.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395705016.088411.jpg
    After

16. Good to hear Bobs set up you - the gauge cluster looks fine!