Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bobs classic auto glass...HOFMAN GROUP?ass glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by King ford, Mar 7, 2020.

1. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings fellow HAMBers!....I was/am looking to buy a glass set for my 1955 F100 and Bobs classic auto glass seems to have a pretty good deal. HOWEVER on their web site it says they are proud to be part of the HOFMAN group and I know the reputation they have...I searched the HAMB and the reviews are good. Does anyone know if perhaps the HOFMAN group only recently acquired them? Are they still good to deal with?...as always any info will be appreciated!

2. Have you tried local glass shops? Helping the local shops sometimes works too. With glass I’m always concerned on shipping and breakage.

Flathead Dave and town sedan like this.
  3. Binkman

Binkman

I just bought glass for my '34 2- dr project. His price was 200 bucks cheaper than the local guys were and it was for the same glass. He shipped it in a box specifically made for the glass and it was all surrounded in spray foam. Very professional. I don't know anything about their affiliation with the Hofman group but I do know the are poison. I hope it is not true.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I bought the glass for my 37 chevy coupe from them about 4yrs ago, Don't recall seeing anything Hoffman related at that time....Glass arrived on time , it all fit well and I was happy. Maybe things have changed?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I just looked up their website and saw no mention of Hoffman.
    http://bobsclassicautoglass.com/
    Edit: In doing more internet searches, I found where they said they were authorized dealers for Hoffman group products. Not part of Hoffman, but dealer for Hoffman junk.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  6. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

You might also look at Auto City, I have had good luck with their stuff and good pricing.

egads and bill gruendeman like this.
  7. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I like auto city glass as well, if you are worried about shipping they ship a lot of glass all over the country and know what they are doing. Good people to deal with.

8. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Have used Auto City before
    Good quality,service,price and shipping

9. earlymopar

earlymopar

10. earlymopar

earlymopar

This is typical of Bob. He's a good guy, provides quality glass for just about anything and his prices are great. For my 37 Dodge glass, he even drove half the distance between us so that I could avoid shipping costs. Oh yea, he's a real "gear head" too and is a participant in our "Oldies but Goodies" drags.

- EM

lumpy 63 likes this.
  11. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

....greetings arkiehotrods!...it may have been " proud distributor of hofman group products" that threw me off....thanks for pointing that out and if Bob ( who appears to be an alliance vendor) hears about this he may want to make that a little more apparent for those of us who recoil from " HOFMAN group "" like it's a fire!

arkiehotrods likes this.
  12. dwollam

dwollam

Bob is a great guy to deal with and as a repeat customer he has cut me even better prices. He lives and breathes his business. I will buy from him again and again.

As far as shipping, his glass is spray foam packed so well I see NO chance of broken glass!

Dave

arkiehotrods and lumpy 63 like this.
  13. gene-koning

gene-koning

I bought glass from Bob's Classic Auto Glass about 2 months ago for the back window in my coupe. It was cheaper then the local guy wanted (and faster) and it arrived when he said it would. I bought the rubber gaskets from Scott Drake and with the rubber, they sent a paper showing the glass outline the rubber fits. That outline could have been drawn from the glass I received.
    I'll be installing it this week, but I don't expect any issues.
    The glass comes wrapped in paper and is placed in the box over top of spray foam, the the area above the glass is also sealed with spray foam. You have to destroy the box to get the glass out of it. I don't see any way the glass could be broken short of the box being driven over, and then I suspect the glass would still be good. Gene

14. dwollam

dwollam

Bob also asked if I needed rubber and seals because he carries those too. I didn't know that and had already bought them elsewhere.

Dave