Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^Hank, it was nice talking with you. Look for the 56 at the GNRS next weekend. I'll be there. John

2. Adriene

Adriene

Thanks Hank! All of us enjoyed meeting you! And I really enjoyed talking with you and Karl and hearing about your travels. I hope the book leads you to many fun places to visit whenever you come to Southern California, but that your favorite will be the friendly Bob's Big Boy Broiler drive-in :) Thanks again for coming to see us! Adriene

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

you guys are so fortunate to be able to do this year-round. If i wanted to go to Bob's Big Boy...I'd literally have to drive across the entire country...literally.

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We'd love ta have ya! perhaps when we make make some real money, we'll send ya a plane ticket and put ya in a loaner R&C :D
    Seriously though, Thank you.

Hank & Karl,
    So very cool to be able to have a drink with you both. Thank you for coming out to the Broiler and making it your wednesday cruise spot. I know your time here is limited and this is a business visit as well as pleasure. We have the So Cal Eats #1 book so let me know if you'd like to pick up a copy before you head home?

CK.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Jeff's fun run went down today, we spent the day with the Chopit's. That family is so cool! It started out raining,but was warm and sunny in Kustomland! Thanx to all that came from near or far!

Jim would like to have more of these type of events, is anypne interested in putting something like this together? Let me know ;).

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

7. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

is the back parking lot gonna be lit on wednesday? we are making plans to head on out there-

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Had a great time with everyone. How did the rest of the day turn out after I left for some Birthday Cake with my Grandaughter Shevelle.

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

10. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Thanks we will bet there. I'll be taking my 64 Falcon c u there:D

11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

well that would be nice! haha. keep up the good work; i enjoy this thread even though I cant participate :). Nice to see this come back to life!

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

Thanks guys for adding this to the 2012 HAMB Calender! This is a great shot by Scootermcrad. I heard about this from Stovebolt clear down under! Very Cool,
    Now I have to have the broilers step up and buy a calender!

BTW: Cruise Nite tonite GNRS edition, hope to see alot of "Out Of Towners" there ;).
    R&C Will be there hanging out takin pix of a local shops wares Hope ta see ya there.

13. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Its been too long so the whole family is gonna pile in the 48 and criuse out. See ya tonight !

14. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Kevin, thanks for turning on the lot lights- I think maybe I will just get there earlier next time hahaha- had a great time and the food was outstanding as was the service. looked for you, but I missed you- maybe next time- I shall return- Vic from Covina

Attached Files:

15. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Thanks again guys. Had a great time tonight hanging with a lot of friends I have not seen in a while.

The Starlite crew was there doing a photo shoot with a few of the cars they have built/Painted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of mine with the fat boy in the background

[​IMG]

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Vic,
    You're welcome, It was a great nite, lots of very cool cars! It's funny,because I watched you take that shot of the Fat Boy,even made a comment to someone I was talking to. :D Thanx 4 coming on out tonite,
    We appreciate it. Hope ta see ya back soon.
    CK

17. Drove down and had lunch today, food and service was great! I plan on going down again in a couple of weeks.

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

DJ in the House :), must have missed you this afternoon.

19. Muttley

Muttley

All the way from Selma?

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry to have missed ya, We'll meet up next time your in town.

Cruise nite tonite! The weather looks great, We missed the rain yesterday, Thank God!
    My car rusts when it gets wet=Lol! Will be there asap, Look for Johnny Gee and Knucks 30 probably in spots 1-2. C'mon down and grab some chow.

21. Burny

Burny

The deuce is looking great in this pic Kev! One of these nights I'll get down there again...work keeps getting in the way!

Kevin;7383692][​IMG]

Thanks guys for adding this to the 2012 HAMB Calender! This is a great shot by Scootermcrad. I heard about this from Stovebolt clear down under! Very Cool,
    Now I have to have the broilers step up and buy a calender!

BTW: Cruise Nite tonite GNRS edition, hope to see alot of "Out Of Towners" there ;).
    R&C Will be there hanging out takin pix of a local shops wares Hope ta see ya there.[/QUOTE]

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

from Adriene..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Yep, I was in town on business. The place is awesome, good food and great music, and friendly folks. I got excited as I was driving up Firestone and saw the building it was like a flashback in time. I plan on going back in a couple of weeks this time with the family and when I get my truck up and running again I am going to drive down for Wed. cruise nite!

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Look!!!!!!!!!!!!. It's a bird. No!, It's a plane. No!, It's My 56' :cool::). Cool picture Adriene. Doug, Thanks for posting.

25. Muttley

Muttley

We used to eat at the Bob's in Huntington Beach all the time when I was a kid, loved the chili-spaghetti. The last time I was down there a couple of years ago it was gone just like the two here in Fresno/Clovis. :(

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Burny,
    Thanx,Where ya been?, long time no hear! I miss ya man, heck we need our art director. Tell Rachell and bo bo I send my well wishes.

Doug,
    Thanx for posting A's "Live from the broiler cruise night" pix! many cool cars tonight. Thanx to all that showed up and had chow.

Rock n roll daddy-o,
    We'll meet ya when come by again. Thanks for the kind words.
    Muttley,
    Ya can stop in and get that Chili Spaghetti Size when you're down as well.
    We'll make it just like you remember it.

27. If you get the chance you gotta drive down and check this place out. We should plan a cruise down there one of these days! I miss having a Bob's here in the valley but this one is way cooler than what we had here.

28. Muttley

Muttley

Its definitely on my places to see list next time I'm down South.

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I'll tell my ex wife that Muttley is coming to town. She loves the way you laugh in the cartoons :D

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I deleted my cell service, I can be reached thru a pm or my email. I kept the Cyclone ph# so that can be looked up by googling Cyclone.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.