Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I actually had a chance to show up last night and had a great time. There were a lot of cars there. Aside from the normal crew of Kevin, Adriene and John, Dull chrome showed up in the new family truckster. I am sorry I did not get a pic of it. we also ran into a few of the Los Boulevardos crew. All in all it was a good night.

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanx to everyone that came out. It was a great cruise nite. Mark, You'll have fun in 64c aka C'Deuced. It needs a clean up! Glad nobody took any shots of it.;).
    Paul, it was great to have Lupe and you out as well as Chris.
    Let's get started on the "Terrible Two Anniversary-Birthday Cruise". We're now in Sept and Oct will pop up quick so if ya have an ideas, PM Adriene,myself or any other Broiler member.

Just noticed, We're on Page 64 of this thread, got a thing for that number ;)

3. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Thanks again Kevin , I had a great time as usual !

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thanks Adriene, Kevin, Corena, Joe and Cisco for coming up to Brians Camp this past weekend. Sorry I didn't pick up on the fact that we all was at the Ventura Nationals at the sametime tell it was to late. Kevin did you make it by Motel 6 after you guys left ? Adriene, got to Buzy Bees after all, and it was great !!!!!

5. Adriene

Adriene

Yes, thought I'd stop by the Fairgrounds on Saturday to check out the cars for a few hours on my way north. Sure was cold and windy! Phil Alvin sounded great, gotta love The Blasters. It was fun to caravan behind Joe & Carina and Kevin & Lisa thru the Ojai Valley and find you guys out there at Camp :) Hope you had some tasty BBQ Saturday nite. Busy Bee Diner...definitely a cutie!

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry Kevin, I did not include Lisa's name earlier :eek:. Yes Adriene, we did have tasty BBQ but it was Sunday instead. Groucho mentioned Winchesters and Chicago's BBQ as some good spots. Chicago's won the draw and it was good. Never did Boccali's but will have to do it in the future. Had a blast cruz'n the 2 lane roads thru Ojai and surrounding areas spotting cool places and old cars in lots and fields.

7. Adriene

Adriene

I'm in Visalia for a few days, drove up last night to catch the long-awaited grand opening of the former Mearle's Drive-In (circa 1939-40), now rebuilt and operating as The Habit Burger Grill. Standing room only, so awesome to see a line of cars down Mooney Boulevard waiting to get in. This issue paralleled the Broiler save and is close to my heart.

It's a great renovation, well designed and thought out, right down to a cool handbuilt scale model of Mearle's that's parked with classic model cars (even a 50s police car waiting around the back of the building just like in the olden days!).

Will send Mazooma a few photos so you all can enjoy it too.

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Great shots A!
    Hope that you have a safe trip while up there. We did our usual Broiler Cruise last eve,Very warm night to be in a topless job. All of our usual suspects were on hand as well as Altered Pilot=Nice seeing ya Mitch.

It's such a great feeling to know that another iconic Drive-In has been saved and will now be enjoyed by the future hot rodders to come. It makes doing all of this well worth the effort.
    Thanks all of you who help and support these great places of history.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Fun Fun!!!!!. If I didn't have to work I would of pointed the 56 North sunday and given the cop a reason to came out from around back. ;):D

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Adriene wanted this photo posted here

[​IMG]

12. it was good to be seen. i gotta hurry up and get my car running so i can come hang out with the cool guys under the canopy...

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

:eek: it's For Sale, hope theres a happy story.

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

from Adriene...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some pictures I took from the South Coast CORSA show at the Brolier this past saturday.

-Jeremy

Attached Files:

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Great "Pancake" ;) turn out 29Coupe. Before reply 1274 pics rolls away of that same day / evening. Believe or not this group has not been to the Broiler since it's reopening almost 2 yrs ago. Joe said, they use to cruz here back in the day and came down to see. Thank you Adriene for asking to have pics posted and Thank you Doug for posting.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

18. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Made it out there early August:

[​IMG]

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Fur biscuit,
    Those B&W shots are great of Nick Chopits truck and the Broiler!
    Thanx for coming out.

We had a great time last eve, lots of cool people and cars, We even had to go out and light the back lot. Whenever ones in town,drop on in, look for us cuz mostl likely, we'll be there.

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Cruise Nite this eve, c'mon down and grab some chow,check out some cars and make new friends ;).

23. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

28 Days and counting.

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Was paid a nice hello tonight @ the Broiler by a person I knew, but didn't know at the same time. Julie is her name. I learned of her thru the HAMB, she became very sick and was hospitalized for nearly 5 months. Julie, it was great to see you doing well. Funny thing, I put a HAMB shirt on for once. Ment to be I guess.

26. Re Big Bob's cruise nights. Are they every week? I haven't read all 60 odd pages. We are coming up for the CHRR next month and would love to get to a few cruise nights and any other hot rod activities around ca late oct.
    Phil.

27. Burny

Burny

Phil- Every Wed night and Saturday too...

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thx Burny for the info, btw, Burny is working on the flyer for the "Terrible Two Birthday Cruise". When in town come on down;).

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

104 weeks ago this day was ?

30. VINTAGETRANSAM

VINTAGETRANSAM
    from SFV

Will the Terrible Two birthday cruise be on a Saturday in October?

"If it's under control your not going fast enough"
    Parnelli Jones 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.