Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bobby Darrin's, Barris built Merc was just sittin' there...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by randy, Mar 8, 2004.

1. "maybe florida built it?

well no, because it would be fenderless,
    and have some SIDEBURNED DRUNK JERRY LEWIS. hanging out signing ORANGES "

Or have smoothies!! just messing FL. guys...

2. [ QUOTE ]

I'll be at the ol' Happy Days, you can't miss me, I'll be the one with the Blue 2 ft. Mohawk.... not really. I'll prolly drive the Ford or the '59 Cad.

-r

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, look forward to it...I'll be the one with the camera & the ENGLISH accent!!

[​IMG]

dave

3. [ QUOTE ]
    So, they still run the cruise at Happy Daze, eh? That's been going on for a while. I used to hit that one all the time, before I moved from Campbell to AZ eight years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit it almost every week in the summer...after moving here from London 15 months ago!!

Its cool, and very local!!

And yes, still going strong.

[​IMG]

4. Where the hell is this Happy Daze place? I'm in school in San Ramon all week and leave on Thursday maybe I could stop by and check this thing out? So enlighten me people! Randy I can key you r car and Yorg can give me my long overdue slot car ass whuppin!!

5. Its in Campbell, on Union Ave, just off the corner of Bascom. Campbell is south west of San Jose.

Its a long way from San Ramon tho..... Its south on 680, then west to 880, then south on 880 to Bascom Ave. Takes about 50 mins in the commute traffic, I know because I have been working in Danville/Dublin the last couple of weeks.

Hope you can make it tho!

[​IMG]

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I doubt it was built for Bobby D. but who knows?! It definately is not the same Dream Car that was built for B.D. that supposedly cost a zillion dollars. RnC ran a feature about that particular dreamcar but I honestly do not remember much of the article or when it ran.

7. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Strange...that Merc was found near Ft. Collins, ColoRODo quite a few years by a friend of mine that re-did it...then he moved to Cali and sold it there...in his research he never once said it was "built for Bobby Darin"...and that's something that one would certainly remember...sounds a bit fishy to me!!!
    R-

[/ QUOTE ]

...maybe the guy that sold it to him told him that as he whipped out his checkbook and became instantly COOL?

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    A guy (Bill Ryan) who lives near my garage owns the Villa Riviara, that was built by Barris for Bobby Darrin. I've never heard Bill mention that Darrin also had a Merc buit by Barris also.

I'll run it by Bill next time I see him cause I know he phones George a few times a month.

Billy

[/ QUOTE ]

Several years ago, a family showed up in Gettysburg, PA for the KKOA Sled Scene East DRIVING the Villa Riviara. They parked along the road and got out and started walking around. Someone told them to move their car into the field as the judging was about to begin. The owner said, "We just came to see the show. Besides, I didn't build this car!" It had CT tags. This was in the mid-80's. Don't know if this is your friend Bill? If so, PLEASE tell him that I never forgot that and was really impressed with his TRUE love of cars...........Class act!