Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bob Alexander-Long shot.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, May 23, 2013.

1. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

This is probably the longest of long shots but I've seen similar obscurities come thru here on the H.A.M.B. This is aimed at long time Floridians-ones who were part of the drag racing scene there in the mid '50s. (You're gonna have to be in your late '70s to even qualify for this one.)

In about '52 a schoolmate/neighbor moved from our home town of Delphos, OH to "somewhere" in Florida. His dad was a well to do entreprenuer who thought he could do better in the Sunshine State. Bob was a gearhead who was just coming up on driving age when they moved. A couple years later they came back for a visit and he pointed out a '32 Flathead coupe in one of my HRMs and said: "That's just like Mine". Now, I never even thought to ask what city they lived in (At that age I had no idea what cities even existed "down there".) but apparently it was close to a dragstrip. There couldn't have been many of those in 1954. I don't know if the father was still driving the '51 Lincoln with Edmunds heads and 2 X 2 when they arrived in Florida but that was tha last car I remember before they left.

Does any of this stike a chord with anybody?

2. Fenders

Fenders

Yes, C sharp minor chord....

I'm sure there is a question in there somewhere....

3. Uh, not too hard to figure out - he's looking to see if anyone remembers this Bob Alexander from Florida in the 1950's

and here's you C# minor
    [​IMG]

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

5. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Touche' You got me-I got so carried away with the story I forgot to ask: Did anybody (there & then) ever know Bob Alexander?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Still has a shop and lives here in Pensacola, Florida . There is also a fellow Hamber that goes by jbtine that is close friends with Bobby.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. belair

belair

The Tony is toast, and I think the Corsiar has fallen victim to target fixation. Glad you found you friend.

8. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

He shoots. He scores.

9. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Regrettably, this lead found the wrong Bob Alexander. Does anybody else wanna try? (Keep in mind, this guy would be 78 or so.)