Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob’s Summer? Not a Bummer

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.Ukrop, Apr 14, 2017.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Bob’s Summer? Not a Bummer

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. sololobo

sololobo

Custom done right, love every mod on this sweet drop top.

3. hansboomer

hansboomer
    from new york

That car looks great without the taillights. I never would have thought that would make so much difference.

4. 504640

My favorite item on this classic custom is the 54 Pontiac grill. They seemed to be more common in the fords of this era, but look better in the Chevy. I would like to see a How-To on that installation on Bob's car. I am aware that fitting the ends of the Poncho grill to the ford parking light housing is problematic. I see them sometime when the joining is not flush or the grill is canted, usually top forward. This installation looks perfect, especially because it retains the stock parking light and location.

Sancho likes this.

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Goes to show that there were "unnamed" body shops producing some beautiful customs and I dig the taillight treatment.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

never seen that grille on a Chevy.... looks like Mercury skirts as well. nice

7. catdad49

catdad49

Pretty cool summer project and a 'vert to boot! I think he got paid pretty good.

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

The grill treatment is very similar to my old '50 but the tail is different.Mine had 49 Ford taillights frenched in.I like the smoothness of this one almost as much as my '50.

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Bob's last name is/was McGinity -- not McGinty. I realize that the error was probably made in the original magazine article, but I thought the correction should be made. Bob's younger brother, Jack, was a classmate in high school.