Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Boardtrack Racing , Germany

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -C-., Jun 9, 2014.

1. -C-.

-C-.
    from GERMANY

2. I think maybe Goodguys here stateside could learn something from you guys.

Looks like a lot of fun. HRP

3. -C-.

-C-.
    from GERMANY

Up´s, forgot, here is a video out of my mobile phone. ( 480p low quality)

--

4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Exactly! It seems like the good guys events here are mostly comprised of jellybean billet street rods crowd and it seems as though they are now catering to the muscle car / pro touring crowd. I haven't gone for the past couple years now. All the cars and bikes in your video seemed to nail what traditional hot rods are about. Thanks for sharing

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Enjoyed that.Thanx.

6. butch27

butch27

Wow--two of my favorite things (besides women) Hot rods and boardtrackers. Great!

7. LONG

LONG

rad, thanks for sharing. no good guys shows in the US for me. it's about what you can do to the car and DRIVE it, not how much money you pay someone, then trailer it. I try to hit all the Midwest pre 64 shows. check out Independent Syndicate.

8. -C-.

-C-.
    from GERMANY

When it come to large and professional shows, the goodguys usa team is to me the leading club and they do a very good job.
    We here in europe do shows for fun, we are not a event production company and in many cases we have to make no money out of an event.
    The situation in the usa changed a bit. The high end street rod scene does not grow anymore.
    See, NSRA was before a pre 49´club, now they are open to 1984.
    Goodguys has still a pre 73 cut up year at some events, but more and more all american get togehter shows too. That brings more and more young folks into the scene. Maybe first with a modern mustang, later maybe a classic mustang or a traditional hot rod. I like to see the young folks more to go in this direction, as to play with computer games, smartphones day & night ....
    The European STreet Rod Nationals and the Nats in each Country, like the GSRA / German Street Rod Nats are still pr-1949 shows, .. and we are doing good !
    I like the 80ties and 90ties, and it was interesting to see how fare you can go in terms of modification and built quality. If you look carefull, its still there, but no more 26inch billet rims and one off aluminum built whatever. Hot Rods from today have a classic, vintage touch, but many of them offer custom mods and high end built quality too.
    In europe, its a bit different now. With the dam new EU laws, who popping´up frequently, it is getting harder and harder to get a hot rod in registration.
    We have a historic vehicle status, in germany its called H-Kennzeichen ( Historic Licensplates)
    To get this, we have to go trough a o lot of regulations. The car ( hot rod) has to be very original, mods have to be at least 30 years old and so on ...
    With a historic registration, you pay only $ 140 road tax a year and it does not matter how big (cid) the engine is, and you can drive into the low emmision zones. Compare to a high tech rod without historic registration and without current emission norms you have to pay over $ 2000.- road tax.
    This is one of the reasons, why you see more and more traditional & old style Hot Rods & Kustoms in Europe. We have a view old style hot rods with modern LS E-Rod engines, but the registration process is very expensive and complicated for pre 49" rides.
    Another things is, that the Rock a´Billy Livestyle scene grows, togehter with the tatoo things.
    This marked get now more and more commercialized too. It will be interesting to see in what direction all this goes ....
    And, oh yes, we visit goodguys shows in the usa often. Most guys here are not into traditonal rides only. Goodguys shows offer everything, a smap meet, car corral ( we bought many rides from there..) , vendors ( we made some guys rich, ha, ha) and a good time.
    And, I think Goodguys can run a nice vintage or livestyle show with a hard cut up year !
    Time will tell . . . .

---

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014