Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Bo Huff's Newest: His '56 Chevy 2Dr. "The Hustler" Story...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jonnie King, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG]
    BO HUFF'S TASTEE-FREEZE-KOOL '56 Chevy 210: "The Hustler" ! This is one sweet traditional ride, and an homage to an old friend of Bo's who died way-too-young.

In this very introspective Interview, Bo shares his thoughts on lowering your car, and takes a look at how he's paid his dues through the year's.

Bo always meets H.A.M.B. Members wherever he goes...and loves all of the kind words & prayers for his health you send out to him.

To hear his story about the beautiful '56 Tri-Five that he's put together, SIMPLY CLICK-ON-HERE and your on your way !

Stay kool...and, enjoy !

(Above photo...thanks to my friend Monique at 8Skullz Photography.)

2. Butch M

Butch M

That is one sweet 56 chevy

3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

That's one nice ride!!!

4. froghawk

froghawk

Now there's another convincing argument for keeping it simple when customizing a car! Sure looks "period-perfect" for about 1957 with the careful lowering, well-chosen whitewall width, and those classic '56 Olds caps. Would love to see more photos - that body looks arrow-straight under that beautiful paint!

jakespeed63 likes this.

5. verde742

verde742

How is Bo doing with his multi myloma? I am not doin' so good with mine,. Update: November 2014,
    In June 2014,I had a stem cell transplant,,Last checkup, Mayo Clinic says I am Cancer free at this time 11/30/2014 great news !!!

Bob Huffman

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Mercchev

Mercchev

7. Con Safos

Con Safos

I dig it, always like when a tri-five chevy is more custom then hot rod..

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

froghawk...

Thanks for your thoughts ! More pix on the Page with Bo's Interview:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage28.html

And, you're right...it is "period-perfect". One beautiful ride !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Bob,

Bo is getting over a bad case of pneumonia. Had to stop his chemo treatments for awhile because of that.

Talked to him a couple of times last week before he & Jr. went to SEMA, and while they were on the way home from that event. He was a little better, but has had to pace himself so as not to zap all of his strength. But enjoyed meeting all that he did while he was at SEMA.

Thanks for asking...and I hope you are getting good treatments and are able to stay stable. That's the important thing.

If you can get to the GNRS this year Bo will have this '56 that we talk about in the Interview there...as well as his '36 Ford. Like Bo says, sometimes these shows take his mind off of the pain & problems...at least for a little while.

All my best to you,

10. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story and thanks for sharing. There´s so much to learn from the old guys for us young punks, all we have to do is just sit and listen. That´s all. I hope Bo is getting better soon and kkeping up the good work!

This was my try on a 56.

Attached Files:

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - always the best

12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Baumi...

Ya done good ! Very cool job considering where you are and how hard it may be sometime to get parts over there !

Bo is feeling better for now, thanks for your thoughts !

13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jalopy Joker...

Again, thanks, my friend...COOL is the word !

ALSO, like I just mentioned to Baumi, Bo is feeling better. Talked to him last night...said to tell everybody "Happy Thanksgiving" !

He is out in California getting ready for his big show in Riverside this Saturday:
    Riverside Airport, 6951 Flight Road, Riverside, California (9am-Dark)

He'll have the '56 Chev there for all to see, and if you haven't heard his build process for it, I'll share the Link again: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage28.html

Hope everyone had a PERFECT Thanksgiving !!!

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

OKAY ! For those who missed it the first time around, I revised this a bit. Hope you enjoy it.

Congrats to Bo as his '56 Chevy "The Hustler" is now a Feature Car in the March, 2015 Issue of Ol' Skool Rodz ! You can see more pix in the Mag. AND, hear him tell how he put it together in our Interview if you simply Click-On-The-Link-Below. Here's the Link: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage28.html

And, yes again, I hope all my friends here at the H.A.M.B. had a GREAT Thanksgiving !!

15. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Hola J.K.
    That's a really nice 56. Now I want to the GNRS just so I can see the car in person and lucky for me, I only live 15 minutes away from the Fairplex. Thank you for sharing the article. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

16. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

jc,

So cool that you live that close to the Fairplex ! One of the greatest parts of the Interview is Bo's Info about "lowering your Chevy/car"...he's spot-on about that.

I would have had a Happy Thanksgiving, BUT a brake line connected to the ABS on my Daily Driver blew-out ! Luckily I got it off the road before hitting anything, or, anybody. Ended up having to get the other one fixed too as they both had rusted out. But, hey, there's always "next year" !

Thanks again, my friend !

17. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Wanted to pass this on: Got a call this Morning just as I was getting ready to headout the door. It was Bo telling me he and his Crew just got back from the big 2014 Rockabilly Extravaganza in Riverside, Calif. He said there was a "monster" turnout and wanted me to pass along thanks to all of those who showed up .

He also wanted me to tell you that the "The Hustler", featured in our Interview & in Ol' Skool Rodz, will be at the GNRS next month, and his health permitting he's sure planing on being there too ! He's stable right now, just a little weak from last weekend's excitement. And, he said "thanks again" for all here at the H.A.M.B. who've taken the time to check-out our Interview, as well as those who get the Mag. !

Bo is such a great guy, always loves to meet everyone at any event he's at, and, God bless him, one of the biggest supporters of customs - and all who drive & build 'em - that you'll find anywhere ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage28.html

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Great - Thanks for the update - I need to search for pics of Rockabilly Extravaganza

19. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jalopy Joker,

You're so welcome ! Bo said it was probably the biggest one that they've had yet, and he's really looking forward to the GNRS so that all can see the '56 in-person...and if you get there snap some pix and share 'em here.

20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

NEWEST INFO ON BO...

Talked to Bo Christmas Eve, he's been in-and-out of the Hospital again, had a set-back and is feeling weak from this newest bout of problems, said that's why he couldn't call me back for the last week or so. He's going to try to make the GNRS if he can get better by then. He's a real trooper...don't know if I could withstand his current group of physically draining problems.

Bo said to tell everyone here at the H.A.M.B. "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year"...he's wishing all a healthy & safe year ahead.

ALSO, here's a head's-up: "The Hustler" won't be there at the 2015 GNRS (it was there for 2014), BUT his newest build, a dynamite '55 Crown Victoria should be there ! I've seen a few pix of it and it is just one sweet ride !

Hope all had a wonderful Christmas, and will have a GREAT Holiday Week ahead !!

21. Kustom Klix Photography

Kustom Klix Photography
    from Utah

22. Kustom Klix - Nice shots, man! Saw your work on the sitting and rotting thread. If you ever come East I'd love to get you to "do" my car.

23. Kustom Klix Photography

Kustom Klix Photography
    from Utah

Thanks, I am always game for a road trip..

24. Kustom Klix Photography

Kustom Klix Photography
    from Utah

25. The Jalopy showdown is in May.