Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blue print engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ranchero rick, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGkidd

CGkidd

LMAO. But back on topic. I usually have my machine work done local and I assemble. I admit it sometimes takes longer but it is worth it. It's worth knowing it is done right.

2. afaulk

afaulk

In my limited experience of 40 yrs messing with hotrods. I've come to the conclusion that if I do as much of the work as possible, (which includes checking all clearances and assembling my engines myself) I minimize problems. When people doing work for you, or selling you parts, are on the other side of the country, they usually talk a good game. However if you have a problem with their work, or parts, they are usually unsympathetic. If you buy your parts from quality manufacturers and have your machine work done locally you just don't have many problems. The small shops that have been in business for 30 or more years are doing something right.

3. goufos

goufos

i was thinking of getting that ford 302 hot rod crate blue print engine for speedway for a bucket t im building but after reading most of quotes here im not too sure now! and its sad- the blue print 302 hot rod crate engine looked like a great deal. so dru if your out there- i need to see more positive feedback on these engines?? ------------------------------------------------------------------goufos

4. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

Well the Blueprint 383 looks to have NEW aluminum cylinder heads, so I don't know how it could have "guide liners"

I'd say do it. I build engines for a living and I can't touch the prices of these 383's.

5. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

Read what he said again.... he said bore a 265 to a 283. Not 383. Maybe you're in the dark lol

6. I don't know man - the only guy that said anything negative about Blue Print motors specifically was the guy that said he worked as a warranty administrator and they had problems with valve guide issues. nothing about how long ago this was, nothing about how many proven claims, just some vague comments. Like I said, I've had three of their motors, two Ford's and A Chevy and won't hesitate to buy another.

I also have to thin that if there were as many problems as he says, Summit would have dropped them by now - and they haven't.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Can you enlighten us as to how you manage to run aluminum heads with no guide liners? I'd be really interested to hear how you manage to run steel valves in aluminum guides with no galling. Always interested in getting tips from a "professional".

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  8. goufos

goufos

well that make me feel better now! if you bought 3 of them im sure they cant be all that bad! thanks for the info------------goufos:D

9. Deuces

Deuces

Holy crap!.... What did I start???:rolleyes:
    I still think the 383 sbc's are for pro touring g machine crowd... :eek:

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

See?! See what you caused??!! Its ALL your fault!:eek::p

11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I worked for Marshall Engines 1999-2002. I don't know if these engines have aluminum heads or not, but they did use guide liners in cast heads instead of replacing the whole guide. They do not last, I never could understand the use of them versus complete guides other than the cost issue. You still have the labor cost in machine work, so for good customer relations, thye should have installed complete guides. The company as a whole does not have a good reputation standing behind their products. As a former employee, I would not purchase any of their products

12. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

I had the 347 and from blue print in 07 it was an awesome engine, I've also had a 572 from big ALS toy box and a 434 Sbc from smeding all were great engines. Along with a slew of gm crate engines. I like crate engines, as for local shops there is only one I trust I just can't wait a yr for an engine. He stays backed up but he's good.

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

This looks like a job for DOGFIGHT............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.