Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blown 56 chevy gasser build for 2017 meltdown or bust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fast30coupe, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mine is 32 Chevy car axle. The spindles have the same spacing as your truck spindles

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  2. stewartwhite

stewartwhite

Speedway needs to do a better job with their descriptions and instructions I had the same issue with some of the published specs for the brake conversion kits that are offered. The specs add up when a spindle adapter is added you just have to drill a new cotter pin hole. I am going to use the D-52 calipers with a 1" thick vane rotor for street/strip.
    I am always carful of some of the Speedway products I don't want any Chinese shit on the car. Your one of the few taking the time to do it right and fabricating your own parts, keep up the effort..

fast30coupe and loudbang like this.
  3. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Filled the holes on the other side. I have the week off work so let's see if I get anything done.

IMG_5717.JPG

I also got a different intake. I was going to modify the edelbrock b10 but it was going to take a lot of welding and time to get the intake work for a 1206 gasket. I also sold a center section so I had some money sitting in my paypal account. The intakes an inch taller so I'll have to use a hemi/BBC isky idler bracket.

The intake also has a Sfi pop off if things get crazy and is drilled for port nozzles. It is also o ringed.

IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_5715.JPG

Things are getting out of hand.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Looks bad ass. Make sure you use torque wrench to tighten the manifold. Next pack the manifold with rags. Put lay out dye on the manifold and sand until it's flat. I use a 18x18x1/2 aluminum plate. There are two handles on it. I glue sand paper to it. When it's flat you don't have to worry about ruining the blower or pushing out gaskets. I use a vacuum to pick up the dust. The blower can then be torqued down. These steps are very important.

5. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Brakes are done. I might end up making an aluminum bracket.
    IMG_4290.JPG
    IMG_4291.JPG

Here is a standard spindle next to a machined one.

IMG_4294.JPG
    Rear drive shaft enclosure.
    IMG_4295.JPG

Been working on brake lines before the floor goes back in.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

saltflats and cs39ford like this.