Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blower Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtm_elcamino, Feb 17, 2013.

1. jtm_elcamino

jtm_elcamino
    from Uvalde Tx

I'm gonna hunt for a single plane for now. If a blower intake comes up for cheap ill invest in it and use it

2. I'd check to see if the outlet opening of the blower is long enough to mount on a cut down tunnel ram base. Another option would be the early 90s LT-1 Corvette manifold (the one that came AFTER the Tuned Port), but I'm not sure what you'd have to do to get that bolted up to older style heads...

3. jtm_elcamino

jtm_elcamino
    from Uvalde Tx

Mounting the lt1 intake I think would be more challenging than the time.. I thought about a tunnel ram but I don't know if it would create a belt length issue.

4. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

What you need to start with is something like a Edelbrock Torker 2 intake. And a 1 inch thick plate of aluminum. Look at where the blower opening is in relationship the the rear ports.

Attached Files:

5. RADustin

RADustin
    from Louisiana

you can use later V style bearing plates on the blower with all the later style covers.

my brother is putting an 8v71 on an lt1 manifold right now. It's on an LT1 though. He also has a jig to make lt1 manifolds fit the older heads and drill it for a dizzy. Quite a bit of work to put lt1 intake on older style(non vortec) heads.

Mounting the blower to the LT1 manifold isn't as easy as it looks because of all the crap on the manifold and how thin it is. But I'm sure he will get it done and working.