Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blow through carburetor on a sidedraft application?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2", Dec 16, 2006.

1. 2"

2"

Is it possible to use a blow through carburetor on a sidedraft application when in conjunction with a centrifugal supercharger?

If yes, which carburetors and any examples of this done?

Thank you in advance.

2. synthsis

synthsis

i was pondering the same thing only for turbos. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to fab a box to go around the carbs to maintain the needed pressure. I was thinking about Weber DCOEs.

3. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

An old timer around here rigged up a McCulloch supercharger that he pirated from a Kaiser Manhattan on a 235 with triple Carter YH carbs and intake from a '54 Corvette back in the early '60s.

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG][/IMG]Would the set up look like this[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We saw this at the Outcasts show in Mitchell SD last sept.I bielieve it's an early latham blower ,I know it was running a brace of carter yh's.

5. 2"

2"

I'm not sure. But that looks a lot like a Roots or Screw type blower with 4 sidedraft carburetors mounted to it and then with air cleaners on top.

Regarding the box...

I found this link which does give some insight into the matter. But i was thinking of doing it with webers as well. Maybe some sort of manifold would be possible.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_listing_2M.asp?Cat2=accessories_carbenclosure

I'm thinking from the centrifugal blower via a pipe to a by-pass valve and then into a manifold with seperate attachments to each of the weber carburetors. This should if engineered properly create decent airflow right? Without straining the engine to much, on a low boost application that is.