Register now to get rid of these ads!

Block flush at home?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Dec 1, 2010.

1. VonDad

VonDad

Fraz ran 2 bottles of CLR in the radiator for 2 days. Crud came out slick as a whistle. Flushed with clear water, then drained and added antifreeze. Old Buick still runnin. He drives it every day.

VonDad

2. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

If there is a lot of crud in the bottom of the water jackets, on most engines it can't all be removed via the open core plugs. Normally you will need to go in through the holes in the block's deck, and the core plug holes, to get everything out.

3. for the problem of a clogging radiator, use an inline filter in the upper hose between the block and radiator . the stainless screens used in water supplies & wells work It will eventually catch the loose particles coming from the block.
    I replaced radiators regularly on this car. The flush did little for me as casting sand from the factory was what I had to take out, the filter worked very well indeed. after 5000 miles it was all trapped and gone.

stealthcruiser likes this.