Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bling Bling the longest flame job Ive ever taped... Kandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

So this truck is kicking my ass... '04 Dodge slotted for the cover of the LUND catalog heres the fine line... nothing like a little pressure to get it right so I painted test panel after test panel b/c its all in kandy and flake base.

So heres what the panels looked like... traditional colors rule...

2. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

now get this... crew cab cummins turbo with all the ad ons includeing every bit of stainless you could stick on a truck... looks nakey now but wait till im done painting it and put all the CLADING back on it damn...

3. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

all the way back to the end of the box... would you call this "panel paint" haha-

how many cases of tape did tuck use? ill tell you I ripped at least one case off of the truck already [​IMG]

4. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

so this isnt trad but the flames are...

so while im talking ill ad that my SCULPTURE titled "OutCast" made the showcase in our gallery opening... thought it ruled. SO heres a pic to make this post more hot rod related..

5. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

It's uncommon to see such depth in flames. That's outstanding work.

I agree on the colors, too. It looks great.

It's hard to imagine doing something like that, where a mistake would be so hard to fix.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

6. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I never wana see fine line tape again...

and... If i dont get this done this weekend the owner will probably kill me on monday... I just thought the flames were insane and had to post a pic.

I need some sleep, I've been laying tape ALL DAY. Freehand... eyeball and GO-

OVER and OUT.
    Tuck

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

Hey, you lucked out, they could have brought you a longbed... [​IMG]
    Those are some fine looking flames.

8. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Lets never mention the word Mistake...

you dont make ANY... for real... the thought of what it would take to fix it isnt an option.

So I take my time and do it perfect the first time round... I swear I have the patience but the customers never do... untill its all done, then its worth the wait.

I fine tooth it 10 times...

Sorry for the lame pics but you cant expect much from a cell phone.

Tuck

9. ray

ray
    from colorado

makes me dizzy lookin at the pics of the layout!

i'm just a rank amateur, but i hear ya on the mistakes. yesterday my bikes gas tank JUMPED off the bench, resulting in a nice dent. i could probably deal with it for myself and just leave it, but i'm trading the bike next week! so a new paintjob for the tank. and thats just tiny compared to that.

gotta say, knowing thats a lund rig, your flames will prolly be the best looking part. i can't believe people are still buying all that ugly crap, i thought you could get all the ugly crap you wanted from the factory you wanted?

oh, and i got a fortune cookie today that said my luck would change today. okay.

10. Man, you werent kidding! Carla said I talk to loud last night..heheheh

11. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

Nice job holmes! those are some crazy flames. I know you measued em side to side right exactly the same. Those customers get goofy. We we were at the world of wheels once and a while a few years backand this dude was talking to ed roth. he says man big daddy! I flamed out this van both sides and it was exaclty the same man perfect side to side. Big Daddy ask the dude if he's got a lighter? he gives him one. big daddy pulls one out of his pocket and lights em both! He says to the guy good for you man, but no flame burns the same! I have stuck to that moto just a funny lil story. on that taping That blue fine line makes my eyes bug out I like the green better.. stop by on the way to texas dog if ya get a chance. later drew

12. brewsir

brewsir

hell...thats the easy part...how long ya think it'll take to actually mask them off??? I'd help but I'm too far away!!!(I get my wife to help me on big jobs...she's gettin pretty good too!)
    Oh yea...your sculpture rocks. Congrats on getting the display case out front, very cool.

13. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I diddn't know they had flames in Canada.

14. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

You are truly a 'Ruler' holmes!!..Those are by far the best i've seen and the depth is amazing!..Your a SICK,SICK BOY!

Dirty

15. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

;thanks guys - this shits insane seriously

Drew- yeah you'll never see both sides of the truck at the same time either although its almost identical- ill swing in if we have time [​IMG] I'll prob wana break from rideing with Max and Bleed haha

brew- I just lay out 2" tape and trim it with a blade... its actually pretty easy I think the layout is the hardest part of a flame job- makes or breaks... lets hope it wont break the truck ha-

Bleed im useing that canadian technique I learned from my french speaking friend named Michelle (guy) that I used to freestlye with on the weekend...

I live so close to the border that I think my whole town speaks french as a second language. He learned this tech from laying out flames on the bar at Froggys... both bleed and max have partied there- its an awesome bar.

Back to work-

ps... did you know: that if you chew fine line tape it makes you light headed? Seriously... pulling it off your fingers with your teeth isnt the brightest idea- I thought it was the case of Mt. Dew I drank? haha-

I chew a bunch of tape and then go draw for a hour... MFS is gonna be fucked up.

16. Germ

Germ

Tuck,
    You are suppose to TALK your CUSTOMERS out of making their MODE off TRANSPORTATION, Look like a 7th wonder amusement park ride,,,,

I hope you at least got a HAND JOB for all that TAPE work,,,
    My "DICKBEATERS"(tm) would be too tired to even hold a PISS after that job"....

One tine COLE made me, ROLL tape BACK up from the floor, it had to be perfect, it was a HAND and EYE TEST....
    I passed cause I was on VICODIN..........

Did you DUTCH it BRO? or call in the PRO'S?
    My BOY RUSSELL (insert COOL NAME) (SKRATCH).......
    Can STRIPE an AMISH sheep wagon, or a VIETNAM "DUG HUT"....

He's so PUNK rock he uses NAIL POLISH.....
    THE GALAXIE looks TIGHT, tuck,,,,,

I heard there WERE "SINNERS" amoungst us?

I aint seen them?
    CALL ME and we'll T-BALLS each other

XOXOXO
    HELLFIRES PREACHER

17. Tony

Tony

Tuck-O...
    'RULER' not much else to say...

you gonna be near yer cell?? i'll call you this weekend YO!

Tonester.....

18. BEAUTIFUL WORK TUCK!Really nice blends and shadows.Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Ray