Register now to get rid of these ads!

BLC headlights - details?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rem, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Rem

Rem

I've picked up a couple of nice BLC lights, but they have had the original cable entry holes knocked oversize to suit flexy stainless wire conduits. What size hole should be there? And would it have just had a rubber grommet to protect the wires from wearing on the edge? I might just clean the holes up and re-use the conduits, but what does everyone else do?

Also, I don't suppose anyone repros the brass tags? A previous owner (or his painter) sanded them smooth before painting over them :rolleyes:

The first pic shows one of them: the metal is punched through and rolled over crudely on the inside. The other shows the better of the two tags.

Attached Files:

2. Rem

Rem

Bump for you late-nighters...

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

4. wayne-o

wayne-o

Just finished redoing a set, the hole was 1/2" ID.

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

just redid a set myself ! otb gear carries alot of parts for them also ! i bought chrome rings and bases for mine , bought the replacement tags elsewhere for a ridiculous price not knowing they were available on here ! thats a steal compared to what i spent !

6. Rem

Rem

Thanks Jeff, wayne-o and dirtbag13. I'll take a look at the HAMB tags, although brass ones would have been nice. The fittings on the end of my conduits are 9/16", and I have no idea what they were originally from, but it looks as if the original holes in the buckets would have been more like 7/16".

7. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I used rubber PCV gromets to hold Model A light conduits. It was a nice tight fit,that has worked for 11 years on my T.

8. wayne-o

wayne-o

I used a piece of 1/2-20 bolt and drilled it through for the wires. Made an adaptor for the outside of the light by drilling and tapping a piece of 3/4" OD x 1/2" long round bar for the 1/2-20 bolt to fit into and drilling out the opposite end for a piece of chrome flex, 9/16" OD if I remember correctly. Epoxied the flex in place. Did the same on the other end of the flex. Put a jam nut on the inside of the light and the grill shell. Worked great.

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rem.. there was another gentleman whom i met at last years LSRU (a Hamber) and he made tags as well.... But I'll be damned if I can remember his handle or name(an old age thong).. a very nice guy.
    I do have his card around here somewhere... I will try and locate it for ya.