Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blanking RoadDraft Tube Hole, 8BA Inlet...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Enbloc, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I've got an Eddie Meyer 8BA inlet on a 59A engine with crab style dizzy so can't fit the stock road draft tube.

Whats a neat way of blanking the hole?

Thanks.

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you a couple of shots of the PCV valve setup that I have done.

3. PM sent...

Looking for more of a blanking plug than a PCV set-up.

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

why not just an aluminum plug made on a lathe, cut a groove and slip an O-ring on it to hold it tight and keep from smoking....

or more involved, make one with a flat circular top plate, then the lower section drill a tapered hole in the middle, then slice in half vertically, giving you 2 D shaped parts... put a bolt through the middle so it expands when you make it tighter, still have a groove for an O-ring to seal and also hold the parts together...

5. I haven't got access to a lathe, so really need something that fits or can be made to fit.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why not do it the simple way and check out the expansion plug selection at one of the local parts houses after you measure the hole or the diameter of the tube where it went in the hole? Krylon32, you may as well post those photos here as you will probably have 50 pm's wanting them in the next couple of days.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Ive seen a few of manifolds with freeze plugs stuffed in the hole

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Flathead Jack sells a ready made plug with a chrome top for sealing off the road draft tube. Its got a rubber expansion plug at the bottom and you just tighten it up.

Doc.