Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Black Widow T Pickup Monogram Replica 1/1 scale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big-daddy-george, Oct 18, 2014.

1. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

Who owns the Hollywood Hot Rods built Monogram Black Widow T pickup? Anybody know?

2. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

3. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

Thanks,but I did a search of the forum before I posted my question. That's not the car that I am referring to. The Black Widow T pickup that I am looking for was built in 2003 by Hollywood Hot Rods. It is a full scale replica of the model kit that Monogram Models issued in 1960.

4. My bad,I guess you are referring too the Troy Ladd 27 T HRP

5. [​IMG]

HHR's is cool.......but the original car that was eventually transformed into this:
    [​IMG]

.......is right here >>
    [​IMG]
    ...built by Wally Olson in 1952, and later finished up by Bill Scott. Was the Lil' Beau' T in Hot Rod magazine in 1954. Throw in some Dean Jeffries stripes and the '57 Sacremento Autorama best roadster award.....and the birth of the Black Widow moniker......that it is known as today.

Last two pics are here on the Jalop.....courtesy of TFEVERFRED
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-black-widow-1927-ford-roadster.930674/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can always P/M hhrTroy He may still have the replica at his shop.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Hotrodmyk and kiwijeff like this.
  6. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

7. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

Yes,that's it. The Monogram pickup T. I'd like to know who has it and if it's for sale. Anybody?

8. chrisp

chrisp

Michael Feinstein was the customer (Troy ain't the owner unless that changed), he owns the Watson t'bird and was the man behind the Hirohata 'bird project.

9. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I had a conversation with the owner at the GNRS a few years back and his enthusasium was contagious! Not only was the car great, but the display was over the top. Met his wife who was really into the concept.

10. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Michael sold the Black Widow to a collector in Wa. I own the "Watson T-Bird" . Michael went further on thw current project, but life interruped, Watson did some changes for me, from the original concept drawing, but we never got further, glad to see the project going further. As to the black widow all I know is that it's up north