Register now to get rid of these ads!

Black Steelies-The new Rockabilly Red?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GO-rilla, Jul 27, 2005.

1. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

I know alot of folks are on a red wheel euthinization mission, but I have been noticing a pattern. I like the way black w/ beauty rings and www's look, don't get me wrong. Will we be slamming black wheels in a couple of years? Our styles evolve and change, do ya think about cliché fads in the future? Just my .02.

2. JJ has the black with WWW's and rings that probably is a big influence

3. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

If we have Rockabilly Red, then we could have Billy Badass Black.

4. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

Anyone can slam the red all they want, but its still an awesome combo, undeniable, getting tired of red wheels and www is like gettin tired of pussy, sure its the same thing over and over....but hey ITS PUSSY!

SOME THINGS ARE JUST MEANT FOR GREATNESS:D

5. Bugman

Bugman

Don't you see the trend? A few years ago, "rat rods" and "traditional" cars were all the rage. everyone had flat black paint with red wheels, even the streetrodders. Real traditional folk got sick of all the rockersilly stuff, and wanted to be different, so they started building gassers. Now, Gassers are all the rage, everyone is building one. the current car scene is progressing just like it did, back in the day. In a few years, the hot thing will be full on 60's customs, by then end of the decade, Fad T's will be back and by 2015, everyone will be back to Billet.....

6. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

man, i dug my black steelies before i got my caps, still think about knockin the caps off once in a while to ride the blacks... and yeah, i have trim rings too... LOL... i should sell em, NEVER gonna run em i dont think, LOL...

7. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

damn i guess i gotta paint my wheels again so i wont be "cool":rolleyes:

8. HoldFast

HoldFast

Fuck "Trends" and being "trendy" and screw what other people think about your wheels. Do what you want.

Isn't that why we got into this in the first place?

me personally...I prefer to let the car talk to me. It'll tell you what it wants.

9. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Bugman has this thing all figured out...except with the speed of communication today the the shit changes overnight

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Wait a minute, you meen to tell me I can paint my wheels whatever color I want? And I don't have to care what other people think of my car?? HOT DAMN!!!

11. Hey GO, I feel for ya. People need to start looking at the whole car, and then paint the wheels. A few years back, I had red rims and thin WW's on my dark green Merc. I got tired of that and took a step back to look ask myself what color would look good. I ended up with a Daytona yellow. It has faded to a kinda creamy yellow and looks damn good and a little different at that. I think they should be in a complimentary color.

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I've longed for black steelies with blackwall 'Stones with '46 caps-n-rings for decades. WWW's are nice, but my car's tellin' me to go all black.:D

13. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

AMEN,brother, AMEN!!!!!!

14. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

I guess I am such a trendster.Heres my truck I am tryin to finish up with drake repop rings and push thru bullets and billy bad ass flat black 40 rims.

Damn I was thinkin I was doin somethin that had never been done.:D
    Shoe

Attached Files:

15. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Damn, and here I was about to spray my 40' ford steelies tonight, and BLACK. Now people are gonna start getting black steelies, put them on any 70's and later car, and call it a rat rod. Thats it, I'm going billet:D

16. I hope flat baby blue isn't the next black.

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL.

[​IMG]

ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK

[​IMG]

18. C'mon folks, this is bullshit.

Traditional Hot Rod building is ALL THE FUCK ABOUT TRENDS! You're trying to replicate what someone would have done back when. What were they doing back then...creating trends? YES!

I'll be under my desk biting my arm and punching myself in the nuts if anyone needs me. This shit is just too much.

19. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Maybe I'm just an asshole, but who gives a fuck. Maybe thats why I don't post much anymore. I see alot of Fuck Boyd, Does this look cool?, look at this idiot buildin cars the way he wants instead of how I think he should, etc... Type posts. Me personally, I don't really care anymore. I just embarked my first complete hot rod(instead of buying in progress cars) build and have never been less concerned with what everyone thinks is "kool". As a matter of fact eveny anti-trendy is trendy now. Built what you want how you want it, let people think what they think, if they don't like it, they can fuck off. Oh if you don't think its "kool" to have hot rods with out building them "fuck off". At least I was cruising my hot rods instead of hiding my honda around the corner and then talking shit about other peoples. PS both my hot rods are probably gonna be GLOSS black maybe even with black wheels(that or mags) when finished. Why, because thats the way I like it. FUck it, RaNt OvEr.

Drew

20. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

At least until they come up with transparent ones, wheels are going to have SOME color. Good luck avoiding every trend.

You could always cover them in faux fur.

21. Spoon

Spoon

How long should I wait for an answer?
    I asked my Five-0 Ford about it's wheel color about an hour ago, and still havn't herd anything back.
    Maybe you should talk to it...

stupid car

22. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Not sure if it's cool, or trendy, or fashionable, but it's what I like and want. Even has a little 'M' in the middle, obviously stands for Morrisman. Or maybe just Morris?
    [​IMG]

23. I Love red rims with www, no mater how many cars are running them , every time i see another i Still think COOOOOOL !!!! But since seeing Lukesters Shoebox with the black rims, I Have to admit that 's the direction I'm leaning towards for My 55 Chevy..... Black W/ Spider Caps.....COOOOL.
    Louver Dude

24. Dirty2

Dirty2

red

Attached Files:

25. Dirty2

Dirty2

black

Attached Files:

26. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I'm going shiny "Billy Badass Black" with the steelies because my Coupe told me the other night that's what it wanted:)

then i'm going to tell the Coupe that it's getting shiny powder coated black kelsey's later on in the near future whether it likes it or not!

CAB

27. Powerband

Powerband

I have a red car - now what do I do, can I still paint the wheels red?

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Nope they have to be lime green. With dented old crappy trim rings painted flat black...no wait that's not kool...paint the trim rings pink, with yellow push through bullets, and shiny blue lug nuts...

29. Shit Flatoz, Psycho and I just recently conspired to use "almond lace" paint on hin steelies haha...

Fuckin looks killer....even though red is still kool? Mine? Heck still in baby blue primer.....

Rat

30. striper

striper

Isn't brown the new black?