Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Black Forest Drive #7 Australia 18/3/2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Mar 19, 2017.

1. tmf

tmf

Looks like a great day. Weather looked fantastic, better than up here really need to get down there one day.
    Well Done.

2. Temp in the low 30s. Not a cloud in the sky all day.....yeah, probably a hell of a lot better than up your way!

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wonderful pix and adventure. Any more on this car? I really like the rear fender treatment. Thanx, Gary
    [​IMG]

4. flatoz

flatoz

gnichols,

the car is in the #5 and #6 photo on page 1, built locally many years ago now runs a Y block.

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I would buy 2 maybe 3 large back, long sleeve shirts if it had Peddro's poster image on the back!

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx again. Gary

7. flatoz

flatoz

You're not the first to say that from the weekend.

The posters are all numbered, I guess its sort of part of the deal in coming - you get a # poster.

We haven't talked about shirts, but to me it adds a whole 'nuther level of difficulty. As I said, there are only 3 of us, so we keep things simple. Plus we like to keep the costs down, this isn't a money making exercise. we charge $10 a head and for that you get the posted a day out and all you can eat snags and drinks at the end. Pretty good value I think.

If there was to be shirts , that would have to come from PEDDRO being happy to do that.

I do agree though, his artwork is worthy to be on a shirt. He did a great job.

8. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

What a great bunch of hot rods, looked like perfect weather to boot.... thanks for posting...

Sent from my SM-G920I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Looks like simple works for you, great job on the event! Keep me in the loop if the shirt subject comes up......................................

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the great photos of a fun day.

11. Thank you for sharing the photos of your awesome day.
    It's great to see hot rods in another country (and comforting to know that it's not only Americans that are "Car Crazy").
    I would have loved to attend and enjoy the scenery!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From the "people pictures", it appears that hot rodding will keep going quite a bit longer than in the states.
    You all look SO young!
    Great pictures, and looks like a great day. Thanks.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

upload_2017-3-21_8-33-2.png This Dodge and its owner were featured on "Garage Dreams" a Saturday show on the Velocity channel, very nice well told story. Bob

14. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Excellent pics. Thanks for sharing

15. flatoz

flatoz

Bob,

Do you happen to know what season and episode that was, I had Kodi and can look it up and watch it. I'm guessing Martin who owns the Dodge will know it was on, but I would like to let him know.

We do have a very strong traditional movement here in the Aussie state of Victoria which leads to most of the traditional runs being held down here, good for us I guess. Next up is the Boogaloo which will be the last traditional show for the season as winter will be on its heels.

thanks all for the positive comments. We enjoy putting the day on and hope the attendee's do to

Hot rods , a picturesque drive and a good feed that's about perfect to me.

The37Kid likes this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Flatoz, I think that Velocity show with the Dodge and Vultures Car Club aired about four weekends ago. It was one of the better features, linked a lot of footage from finding the body here in the USA and the build back home. I may have taped it, but I'm clueless as to how to send that to anyone. Bob

17. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

18. Deucefanny

Deucefanny
    from Australia

Awesome run again fellas and great weather. The pickup is all good just cosmetic damage and a small split in the radiator. Nothing a little insurance won't fix. Worst part is I'll have to wash it before I take it to get looked at.

19. Looks like a nice day......