Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs black 57 -candy flames buick grille. looking hard for

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bsa_bob, May 4, 2016.

1. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ADBBvpyEbeb_VYw&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I am looking for this 57 -i did in the late 70s, and then sold to Guy in the asphalt business. He was in highland mich. But hes no use now. Iwould like anything you might have or know about this fellow- bob golobo [last owner} before he traded it off. My wife loved this 57--- and he wrecked the side of it, he busted out the 57 buick teeth grille. And it had handfolded tuck and roll interior--- bucket seat of the 60s era. I hope to find it and if somebody finds it 'I purchase it. I't may have changed but i don't think so.It also has the feulie flags on the fenders 'contact me . Iwill have some financial payment for you.the Mich mvd dept- can't go back that far for vin numbers thank you very much fr taking the time to read this. bob s

2. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i take it the name you ask about is the asphalt man and is still listed as in highland mich. why is he of no use?

3. hep1966

hep1966

A while back you posted that person's personal information on another car site. Out of respect for that person and to warn them that someone posted details that should not have been put online, they were contacted.

They have nothing to share.

The end....

4. No offense but you speak English like a Nigerian.

Maybe it is your education or maybe you are trying to get in touch with the computer still but it sounds like you may not be from the states.

5. verde742

verde742

:eek:and that means you can't have a '57 Chevy,>>> Black, with a Buick grille,:rolleyes: with a wrecked side. !! Sorry !!

6. verde742

verde742

awww, OK, go ahead and find it, we will hep ya !!!!

7. Well I was raised pretty much by my grandpa who was around 100 when he died in '71, he was pretty clear that I should speak well. But that said he could speak Samuel Clemens English as well as Sam himself, if he was so inclined.

I guess I was mentioning that so that you may understand why some people seem a little reluctant to help you. Personally I have seen a '57 very close to that one if not the same one but it has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 years and I doubt that I would find it today unless I was just lucky, and this puts you back up on top.

8. hep1966

hep1966

It looks like my first response was ignored so.....

I know that I have screenshots somewhere to back up what I'm typing here.

On another site, Bob posted VERY detailed information about who he thought had the car. It was someone involved with paving. I can't remember the exact information he posted but via a Google search it very quickly led me to a phone number for the person/business he said he could not contact.

I got in touch with them to warn them about what was posted online. They were not happy about their information being out there for everyone to see.

How would you feel if someone basically laid out a map of where to find you and that you may have valuable cars on your property?

The person that I spoke with indicated to me that they had no information about a 57 Chevy.

Let it go...

9. I think that somewhere someplace along the line basic internet etiquette has changed, hell I don't even use my real name and city on spacebook. These days its like with wild west and anything goes or so it seems.

10. hep1966

hep1966

That's more or less the same response you posted on the other site when you posted their personal information...

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Truth be known, if it's been 30 years since you last saw it an it has changed hands more than once you may be better off not finding it and let the memories carry on. Few cars don't get changed some when they change hands and the new owners have their own ideas of what they like.

12. Bob - Step one, shut this thread. The mods might, anyway.
    Start a new thread in the ''Wanted'' section. With a PHOTO of the car. Tell the story, no names.
    Bump the thread within the guidelines of the forum.
    Nobody wants their info posted up, that's what happens to bad sellers.
    Good luck.

13. Bob, the glasses indicate that your watching the thread.

14. oldolds

oldolds

I can't help with the car search, but anybody that gets upset that their name and address is on the internet is way behind the times. Like somebody above said, they Googled the name and it was all there. It's too late to stop it.
    The guy said who he sold it to and the guy was no help. He doesn't want to talk about it for whatever reason. I know that I don't give out info on what I own to strangers that call asking if I own a certain car. If I don't take it out you don't need to see it.