Register now to get rid of these ads!

bits n pieces

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ratt99, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ratt99

ratt99
    from mo

my name is gary johnson from farmington,mo.i am a old street racer,putting my 57 back on the streets in 2012,the car was my grandpas rode in it every weekend when i was little,when he passed away it was given to my uncle i asked if i could buy it,he said i could have it if i would never sale it i have had it over 40 years,see you at the hamb drags 2012

Attached Files:

2. Dennis D

Dennis D

Gary, welcome. Did your gramps run the car at the old track down by St. Gen? I thought I remembered a '55 chevy with that name on it, but it could have been this '57 I guess. Been too many years and beers ago! I am originally from your neck of the woods, I graduated from Bismarck high school. Would be great to see the car on the track again at the HAMB drags. Dennis D

3. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

Very cool car! I remember a drag 55 chevy wagon out of Flat river with that name. I guess im not the only who has that car in the back of his head. Your uncle Bob would be proud!!
    garys car bits and pieces 005.jpg

garys car bits and pieces 004.jpg

garys car bits and pieces 003.jpg

4. ratt99

ratt99
    from mo

dennis d grandpa never raced the car when i was a little gearhead the first race car i seen was rob harris's 55 chevy yellow wagon and i new one dayi would have the name on a race car thanks for reply

5. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

welcome gary love the car

6. Dennis D

Dennis D

The car I seem to remember was a primered (brown) '55. This would have been somewhere around 65-67. I"ll have to ask my buddy from home next time I am down there. Haven't heard Harris' name for a long while. Dennis D

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

My first race car was named "Bits and Pieces" I still have the rear metal flake license plate with the car name on it. I like the 57.

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Welcome to the board of education . Yeah , we'll see you at the drags come next August .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

9. ratt99

ratt99
    from mo

took it to meltdown drags did not race it working out all the little problems

Attached Files:

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Glad you made the drive....57 looked GREAT!!!!
    Hope your back for 2013...

Koop

11. Rodders

Rodders

cool and welcome