Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bitchin' Kustoms from Sweden etc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Jan 2, 2005.

1. SimonSez

SimonSez

Cool - thanks for the Fleetline pics !

2. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

More pics from the A-Bombers OSW.

Check out those exhaust tips.Although I prefer taildraggin' sleds with skirts,I really like the fit of the rear tire in the wheelwell on this one too.
    [​IMG]

'60 Buick,Bellflower style.
    [​IMG]

Keep'em coming.

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

More pics of swedish sleds found in the net.Just for your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics are from Lead Parking.

4. epinut

epinut

[​IMG]

Hey that's my old -50, didn't look like that when I had it though. I'll see if I can get some old pics scanned so I can post them, it was just lowered stock lookin with a little nose down rake...

5. lownslow

lownslow

this is a GREAT thread bttt .....more more more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want that t- shirt .....anyway we can get em here in the states ???????

6. The Packard is Finnish (but it is correct that the cars are at Customs of Sweden´s Lead Parkin´ in Västerås, Sweden)

7. [ QUOTE ]
    Sometimes it rains here. Olds with Imperial grille tooth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any more pix of this?

Attached Files:

8. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Two more pics from the A-Bombers OSW and another one from Lead Parking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pair of cool choppers.Blue Flatty belongs to Corner.Have got my spool hub from him.Lost his phone number...Thomas J.,are you also on here ???

9. Yes

Attached Files:

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

11. Sailor

Sailor

Not going to involve myself to much in this..

Swordsons El Camino has been a personal favorite of mine since I first saw it in a magazine. Perfect

I also have a soft spot for both of those finned Mopars wich looks like very nice restyles of the original (rad) design from my point of view.

12. screwball

screwball

trying to find pics of a 53-54 plymouth from europe that was in custom rodder back in 96 it may be posted in Riksters pics but my computer isnt pickin them up please help. Chopped Cadi tail lights and connie kit help.

13. Pulle

Pulle

hey scewball is it this car you talking about ?

Attached Files:

14. screwball

screwball

kool pulle thats the one I will change my requests back to my original post thanks. Anyone have more pics of this or other 53-4 plymouhts

15. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Found this old but cool thread! Thought it would be cool to make it active again :)
    What has happend these last 4 years, are the cars still looking the same, as they did in 2005. Are there many new cars around, or has all the Scandinavian kustom car builders started building flaked 60s choppers instead?

A lot of people requested pictures of Norwegian kustom cars in the thread. So I thought I should defend the glory of my country and post some of my fellow club memers rides... they are not traditional and period perfect, but we are at least getting there :)

[​IMG]
    Kasper Kårbø's 1949 Ford, build in progress waiting for new paint and interior...

[​IMG]
    Kjetil Kvipt's 1955 Lincoln, mild but very pretty. The closest thing you can come a stock fabric custom?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tom Røine's 1953 Chevy... also in progress

[​IMG]
    Kjetil Kvipt's 1951 Pontiac, nice chopped Pontiac that has been around for some years now...

16. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

Howdy Sondre !
    Great idea revive this thread , in the last 4 years there have bin some more great customs built in the scandinavia , unfortunully I have not bin a major contributor I have tried my best to spread the good word and getting others hooked . One car shown earlier in this post are the Håkan Andersson chopped ?-47-48 Merc and that lately went thru major mods to the better , also Andreas -50 Ford in Munkedal is something Im really looking forward too , the red -36 Ford 3w built by Norweegan blacksmith imrpesses togehter with several fantastic customs from Finland like the -41 Lincoln 3w so customs in scandinavia is something that is here to stay and inspire more people .
    I started in the dark ages of early eighties hacking on a -51 Ford after seeing the Bozio Buick . I was looking for anything about customs from the fifties and there was no books to be found or articles in magazines . Ive read about Joe Figueroas Bailon built -51 Merc and he said something about the Hirohata Merc ? it took me another 4 years to see a picture of that car , mindboggeling ! I remember some guy from finland were driving a ?-55 Packard with carson that peaked out over the trunk , it took me 8 years til I saw a picture of Gaylords -53 Olds in its second version that had a similar top , WOW , talk about the dark ages , that together with internet and gathering of pictures of all old customs in an arcive like Rik Hovings Fotki album . Fantastic custom car dictionary . I remember I was at Oakland Roadster show with Gene Winfield in -90 , there was this guy that had collected a ton of custom car pictures in a "manual" album and I looked thru it like a tornado , then it was gone . If I look back it takes forever to build intrest for customs , alot of people love the look at them but to build and own one is such a major step to take , setting yourself aside from what "average joe" thinks is OK cutting into a 50+ year old car takes some major balls , then to finishing it ............. I bin at it for the last 19 years with my -51 Merc and it still looks half done so I try my best supporting those that are on the move planning , gathering parts , building then finally enjoying their creation of custom car art , future is looking bright !!!!!!!!!
    Wolf

17. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

what tail lights are those.

18. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

19. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Hey SuperFleye, have you ever done a technical post on your photo technique? Are you shooting film or digital? Thanks, love the shots!

20. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Howdy TinWolf! I'm glad you like the revial. All of the cars you mentioned are really great, and I'm working on digging through my digital archives finding pictures. In the meantime I'll start by posting some that I allready have online on other sites.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tobias' Oldsmobile, mild and subtle...with a chromed dash, and if I heard right it is currently in the middle of a top chop :) Looking forward to see this one on the road again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tore Persson's 1954 Ford. It was currently written about in this thread before, but then it was lying around in Per Webbs garage in boxes I think :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bert Gustavsson's 1951 Dodge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kent Vikmo's Merc, posted before here, but it's still around

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Andreas Åberg's 1950 Ford.... major changes has happened here, but I have promised not to post the pictures yet

[​IMG]
    TinWolf's mercury.... since it has been posted so many times in this thread before I can't see any harm in posting it once again

[​IMG]
    Don't know this guys name, but the Chevy is really nice

[​IMG]
    Geir Natvig's 1936 Ford, aka the Norwegian Blacksmith Coupe

Gahrajmahal, hehe, that is a trade secret :) I take all of the photos digitally and works on them in photoshop... that's all I can reveal. Thanks for the nice words

21. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Some more finnish rides, the pictures are taken by Mika Kari

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Temu's old Chevy, an ex swedish custom

[​IMG]

22. Cochino

Cochino

A lot of kool kustoms

23. I love the stuff coming out of Sweden and the other countries, when you realize what they have to work with are basically 50 year old imports it really shows a lot of devotion. I have read that in some countries these cars would not be allowed on the streets and have to be trailered, how, is it for you folks? I also saw in this thread a lot of vintage California lic. plates so how do each of your countries handle registration? You guys make most of us look like a bunch of wimps when we complain about parts availability.
    These cars are great Thanks for sharing...

24. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Truly Bitchin cars. My 41 coupe belongs there.
    $15,000 will buy it. Great driver chopped etc in 50's.
    Cheap price. Worth much more.
    Email [email protected] for info.

Attached Files:

25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

If pinstriping wouldnt look like shit on most of those perfect cars, Id move there!

26. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Haha 00 MACK, I do so agree with you, but it's safe to move over now, did you see any pinstriping on the new pictures i posted ?

27. Lakustom

Lakustom
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

Next Year i hope my Kustom Clipper be finished
    this is Kustom work by Hersti Auto shop in Finland.
    And with the Carson top.

28. I remember years ago when i first saw Lady K in a small aussie mag called
    Newsledder,Man i could wait for the net installment of what was happening
    in that part of the world.Lakustom your clipper look right athome with those quad
    lights are the 58 mercury?.Keep those kool kustoms coming.
    would you have any pics of a 49/50 merc with the head lights cover over???
    thanks for sharing the pic's ksk.

29. Lakustom

Lakustom
    from Sweden

Thank You for the Words
    Headlights is from Mercury Turnpike 57 :)

30. Janne

Janne