Register now to get rid of these ads!

biscuit motor mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ago, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jj mack

jj mack

stick a hemi on the Speedway ones......youll see the difference real quick....I have to replace the speedway ones I have...I ve been thinking bout using Hockey pucks!

2. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Thats what I have a Hemi on Speedway mounts, I will be buying CE mounts for sure.

Ago

3. EnVoloNosFides

EnVoloNosFides
    from Salem, OR

So if I have biscuit mounts up front I should NOT use a single mount on my trans? Should I figure out a way to put mounts for my bellhousing? I'm running an early cadillac 331 with the cast half-bellhousing and bolt-on half-bellhousing/starter housing with an adapted saginaw trans. I bought a solid single saginaw mount; should I put mounts on the bellhousing too?

Thanks!

4. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Who was that then ??? Your link isn't working.

5. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

AN OLD THREAD BUT STILL RELEVANT.can anyone advise how tight should the thru bolts should be .I was thinking take all the slack from the nut and bolt and tighten down another 1/2 turn not unlike a hydraulic lifter thanx im using chassis engineering biscuits.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    scrap metal 48 likes this.
  6. Another query about these,how much movement are you getting in the mounts backward and forward,if any?
    I see Henry had stabiliser arms to stop the for and arf movement in some models.
    My clutch peddle Mount is on the chassis with a link going to the clutch lever(mechanical,no hyds as per flathead style) hence the question about the movement.

7. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

i just replaced the buscit mounts on my wifes 43 last week. when i was building the car i called DRAKE to get his mounts w/steel band, he was out of them, i used a set that looked the same but NO steel band like Henry used. the unbanded ones smashed down about 3/4 in. pulley hit crossmember, was able to jack up eng enough to replace bisqet. cheap ones $19 pair, Drake's $50 pair, use banded ones like Henry did.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  8. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

Im not aware of any movement. using the banded ones from chassis engineering,i think the bolts are on the tight side

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Cool. Cost? Nothing on their page. Gary

10. When I got them a few years ago they were $20 a pair plus shipping.

gnichols likes this.
  11. Old thread, but good info........I just spun some shims and set them inside...... Solid, with a lil variance.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  12. I used Chassis Engineering ones with the bands until I stepped the engine up, then I had a pair made out of T56 Screenshot_20190507-003535_Photobucket.jpg

13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Do you have any engine vibration with the solid ones???

14. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

i used something similar to replace the rubbers when setting up the motor mounts so we could weld the brackets to the chassis without melting the rubbers

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. I run solid mounts in all 3 cars, they're hot rods, not Cadillacs, but no I don't notice any vibrations personally.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Sorry to say, Red's no longer has them. Here is their reply to my inquiry. Bummer-wa. Still looking.... Gary

"Yes we used to offer Urethane motor mounts that were very nice quality, but unfortunately the manufacturer has discontinued them. We ran out of stock last year. Sorry for the inconvenience."

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Those are called stay rods if you want to read up on them, basically trying to stop clutch chatter.

Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  18. That's a bummer.

19. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I machined a pair out of aluminum to use during fabrication. The new ones from Drake are great. IMG_2746.JPG

nunattax, RICH B and kadillackid like this.
  20. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nunattax and bct like this.
  21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

checked the mounts the bolts were not tight I could turn the bolts so I tightened up a bit until the bolts could not turn easily.should be ok now only a few hundred miles done and just bedding in I think