Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Binga,s f100 pickup build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68wagon, May 17, 2011.

1. So Buckley's and none if you have to match it? :)

2. I would say you would be right about that Brootal, might have to come up with some creative panel painting if something was to go wrong....:eek:

3. Still working on trying to get this thing all one color.

I'm trying to get all the inside edges painted before putting back it together to paint the outside panels.

Front fenders ready for paint

[​IMG]

and inside edges painted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hood ready for paint

[​IMG]

under hood painted

[​IMG]

Door hinges and back of front panels painted

[​IMG]

Even managed to get 68 wagon (Scott) to get his hands dirty

[​IMG]

5. Rok 51

Rok 51

Hey Mark, How's the painting going. I like the colour. Good to see the old fella teaching the young blokes how to do body work.

Rocky.

6. flatoz

flatoz

hehehe old fella,

hows it holding up old fella:D managed to get out of that rocking chair near the fire to do anymore work??

Last time I saw him Rocky he looked 'cold' but not 'old'

time for an update Mark!

7. I think Rocky was talking about the Gnome not me, although I am starting to get up there in age......:eek:

Not much to report this week as I have been busy running kids around most of the week, might have to break down and by my daughter a car as we seem to be always one car short.
    Son has been back and forward to Melbourne all week with doctors appointments and signing in for university and finding a place to live.
    The Gnome hasn't been home since Wednesday either.

I did manage to get the cab bolted back down, door hinges back on and some more primer on the tailgate.
    Hopefully the front clip will be back on by the end of the week.

8. billys54

billys54

What a good looking truck

9. Thank you

10. It's looking great as well as is the write up of the build.
    I never knew that Australia had basically the same trucks we have here in the US. I wonder with the RHD, how the column shift transmission linkage is set up on these trucks or did they just have floor shifters?

11. Leeroy oz

Leeroy oz

Mine was orignally column manual, it still has the shifter linkaes at the bottom of the column and they poke out to the right hand side, so it would have had some bent shift linkages to the box, but the same setup nonetheless!

12. I had a '63 F100 many years back. I was contemplating a mild custom-resto at the time that would have included converting the truck to RHD for uniqueness on this side of the pond. I was going to make a new dash from fiberglass. The problem I was running into was how to make the linkages to the gearbox as the levers on the case were on the left side. I ended up moving to a different part of the country and I ended up selling the truck before any conversion work was attempted. This is why I was curious about the linkages. Now that I know about the Australian trucks, I may look for another truck to convert.

13. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

It generally involves a simple crossbar, either under the torque converter, or across the firewall above the rear of the engine.

Then left side linkages to left of cross bar, right side linkages from column to cross bar!

14. Rok 51

Rok 51

Our Customlines also had a similar cross bar set up under the 3 speed manual for the right hand column shift.

And yeah Mark (Binga) you were right, I was referring to the photo above my last post about the Gnome. :)

Rocky.

15. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Fuggin spot on mate! great job,Can't wait to see her when she's all bolted back together.

16. Thanks for the ideas Leeroy, Mark and Rocky. I'm going to stay tuned too see how your truck progresses and to get inspiration on this build.
    I wish you guys swift progress and success on this project!

17. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Nice cant wait to see this one done

18. Thanks for all the comments guys.
    With a bit of luck I might see some good progress over the next couple of weeks as long as I can get Gerald motivated and I don't have to run the kids around too much.

19. 68wagon

68wagon

Couple of slabs of beer should keep us motivated binga :)

20. The only thing is you get motivated to drink the beer and not do any work.

21. 68wagon

68wagon

well we rolled her outside so we could get the tub inside the shed. hopefully we might have some shiny paint soon providing we can get the shed warm enough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Got anymore photos Scott?
    It will save me putting up mine when I get home from work.

23. 68wagon

68wagon

a couple more
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. I'm still plugging away at getting the F100 into paint but damn its tough to get Geralds shed hot enough.

Managed to get the inner fenders in final paint along with the radiator support panel.

[​IMG]

Also got the doors back on and lined up again.

[​IMG]

Sunday we even managed to get the motor and box back into its final resting spot.

[​IMG]

Don't worry about the crappy rocker covers and paint on the pulleys, they will be changed later.

[​IMG]

25. Today we had to push 8 vehicles around the yard and shed so that I could get the tub in to start rubbing it down for paint, so it got to see daylight for the first time in a long time.

[​IMG]

Damn I can't wait to get it all back together.

26. Rok 51

Rok 51

Painting. Winter. Ballarat.

Hmmmm....Those three words just don't seem to mix together.

Rocky.

27. Leeroy oz

Leeroy oz

Yep, I understand. Mine was painted in Ballarat this time last year.... Why are all the good painters in Ballarat and why do we always do these things in winter???

28. Ya got that right Rocky, why the hell we don't insulate our sheds in Australia is beyond me and especially in Ballarat.
    Oh well it will be summer soon and we'll be bitchen about the heat, probably not in Ballarat though...............:rolleyes:

29. Hey Leeroy who painted your pickup?

30. Leeroy oz

Leeroy oz

Matt Brame, the shop name is Allan Brame spraypainting.
    He also painted a fastback mustang of mine a few years ago. Does excellent work.
    Nothing like doing the job yourself, but my skills wouldn't come close the these guys.