Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof NW 2010. Fresh off the press!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jun 26, 2010.

1. I wish I could have stayed longer for the cruise etc but my Nephew and myself were getting burned pretty bad. I didn't spend much time taking pictures, I just walk and click. We walked thought the cars twice and then had to leave. We harassed the vendors for a while but in a fun way and talked alot to fellow HAMB members. Next year if I can get my car running, I will have FULL coverage of Billetproof from Friday to Sunday. Its funny as I went to Billetproof 2 years ago and posted a bunch of pictures and I didn't recognize hardly any of the cars this year. Lots of changes in the 2 years which is cool.

2. We arrived at 10:00 AM and started taking pictures for all you HAMB members that couldn't make it. I just walk and click and don't take too much time on angles or any of that stuff as I am there just for fun. Glad you all like the pictures. We walked through twice and then harassed the vendors, talked to a bunch of HAMB'ers and then had to leave as we got scorched. Next year if I can get time to finish my car, I will post full coverage of the event as I will be there for the full show. I can't wait to be an actual participant. Anyway, glad you HAMB'ers enjoyed my take on the show.
    I was there in 2008 and took lots of pictures back then also. Its sort of weird as most of the cars this year I didn't recognize which is good to see other cars. But 2 years after, I wonder where all the other cars went. Here is a link from 2 years ago.
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/sixt8bird/Billetproof%20NW%202008/

PS sorry about the double post above as I went to get the link for 2008 and my post that I was writing dissapeared. After I posted the new one, the old one appeared. Magic!!!! LOL!

3. Like I said, the band sounded good but that noise maker needs to go.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great selection of cars. thanks for posting.

Frank

5. moses

moses

need more pics. of the vw bug in back ground of pic 1 ..jeffrey

6. Sory, no more pictures. Maybe someone else can post the Volkswagon.

7. 123

from Seattle

Sucks I missed it. My work sent me to Vegas on Wednesday and I am in St. George, UT the whole weekend so there was a few shows I missed this weekend. That guy drive the hell out of the six wheeled Dodge, I see him all over the place year round.

Looks like there were a lot more cars there than last year.

8. This car rules. I spent some time studying it and scratching my head.

The car is channelled for sure.. Look at the bottom of the cowl, it curves upward at a pretty steep angle. I think they raised the bottom edge of the reveal about 2 inches at the firewall. The hood and grill are sectioned.

Beautiful work. It was one of my top 3 cars. This one, the dark blue 32 3 window with the winterfront grille, and the 51 Cad.

9. k-member

k-member

You take some awesome pics man.

10. Got your truck in it also!

11. My secret is just click and walk and use the cheapest digital camera you can find. Don't overthink any shots as its the cars that makes the picture.

12. billys54

billys54

love the pics thanks for sharing

13. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Anybody have more of this one? :cool:

Attached Files:

• 187.jpg
      187.jpg
      File size:
      100.7 KB
      Views:
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only took one photo of it. I think the truck has been around for a few years though. I've seen photos of it show up in event coverage on other events. I didn't spend much time in that area of the fairgrounds as the previously mentioned band was playing at the time and enough said.

15. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Channeled and pie cut. Look for the reveal on the frame rail... Amazing car inside and out. It was unfinished and was in flat black w/ flames last year.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  16. elvi411

elvi411

Thanks for the pics cool show

17. mustangdug

mustangdug

Actually it was light gray primer not black and no flames and hadnt been out for quite awhile. I know him and the previous owner but it been around portland/vancouver for a long time.

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

great pics - thanks for posting

19. couverkid

couverkid

That is my car. It was channeled down to the running boards in 1951 by the original owners grandson,at that time they made the hood sides and sectioned the grill. The car was chopped in the mid 80s and the flathead was removed and replaced with the 283 chev that is in it now. Has 39 trans and 40 rearend. The car had the decklid louvered and the hood louvered in the early 90s. The car was bought new in portland oregon and has never left the area.I took the car apart pulled the motor and trans because I broke the cluster gear(little to rough on the ol car) and decided to paint it,as it had not been painted since 1932 from what I can see and what I was told it had always been in primer.Glad you like it,Steve

20. Had me fooled, too, I thought it was sectioned as well as channelled. Simply bitchin'....

21. One of my favorites!!

22. april may

april may

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

A great photo comment from April May!

24. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

want to see the falcon wagon in the background also.

25. dvs28

dvs28
    from pacific nw

Great work on the photos, thanks for posting.
    Had a great time everything but the sun burn.
    Feeling it today!

26. freebird101

freebird101

27. thanks for sharing !

28. mj40's

mj40's

Good photos and great coverage. Just was wondering about the low buck top on this roadster?

[​IMG]

29. Thats funny no matter who you are!! Never noticed that until you pointed it out.LOL!

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

Beautiful duece ! What color is it??