Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Northwest 2009 - A groundhogs view of the show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Since there are numerous post showing most of the cars from Billetproof Northwest 2009 from a person’s point of view. I’d thought I share a different point of view of the show through the eyes of a ground hog. I had a blast all weekend and will definitely be making a return trip to Billetproof Northwest next year.

Friday Night outside of the Olympic in downtown

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The show on Saturday
    [​IMG]

My favorite car of the show
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. very cool, and way to not get run over being so small!

4. Saturday Night in downtown

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sunday afternoon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jay71

Jay71

Groundhogs got a good eye. Cool pics

6. Great pics Billy. I love your "style". You could use it for up the skirt shots ;)

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hey Payne, your advatar is your photo?? That means this month's photo in the HAMB calendar is yours! Congrats! Very cool!

8. Yes it is, and thank you very much.

It's my favorite picture I have ever taken. Its a "Church" styled shot of the restored Eagle Electric Dragster taken last summer. It has personal meaning to me because my late father, Bill Payne, was a crew member on the car in the early sixties, and the driver Frank Rupert is a close family friend to this day. Also my dad is reason there are Olympia Beer cans as header caps. He use to drink a lot and after he finished his first eight beers, they would cut the bottoms out of the cans and use them as the header caps for the day.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, very cool, thanks for sharing that. I'm going to think of you and your Father all month.:cool:

10. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

MMM very true indeed!:)

Nick.

11. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Fuck I LOVE THIS!

[​IMG]

12. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

Man ur short, You're likely to get stepped on at a busy car show like that! lol

13. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

great pictures! this member of our club. we dubbed it "the purple nurple" :D

14. couverkid

couverkid

Was your dad the one that aways had 32-34 ford stuff for sale at the portland swap meet. If so I remember as a kid walking with my dad and looking at his stuff. I remember that name Bill Payne. Neat story.

15. Yes, Bill Sr. is kind of a legend around here :D

16. couverkid

couverkid

Isnt there a Dick Martin in spokane that is or was a wheeler dealer in cars. He gave me a ride in the rumble seat of a 33-34 ford roadster or cabriolet from what I remember when I was a little kid at a car show one time.

17. Theres a Dan Martin in Spokane, big car dealer. He lives across the street from my Dad.

18. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

I drank MANY beers with Bill Payne before he had to quit....
    at Top Hat Tavern and trips to swap meet and auction trips
    when we rode together. I also helped him at his wrecking yard
    to clear out inventory. Good memories and stories to keep secret.
    I moved to CA where hot rod happenings are 12 months instead of only 3 months.
    I love it that Billy is carrying the traditional torch.

19. HA! Just noticed thats me in front of the car shooting a pic!
    [​IMG]

20. rodncustom

rodncustom

I'll let my dad know. He is not a HAMB'er. He and my late grandfather built this car. It is my favorite car of all time. Most people never even notice it.

21. How could they not? Cars the cats ass! One of my favorites too! When was that car built? I snapped a few pics of it, sexy car man!

22. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

The cars are awesome. But I hate it when people don't just take a picture of the car. If I wanted to look at a car while laying down I would just lay down on the ground...

23. RichG

RichG

You could always look at someone else's pics where they aren't laying on the ground if it will make you feel better:D

...or you could stare at the cat for awhile, that always makes me feel better:
    [​IMG]

24. phukinartie

phukinartie

I can gofer your photos :D It was indeed a great show imagine if you will,one day that place full

25. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Lucky you didn't step on Billy!

26. rodncustom

rodncustom

I think it's too subtle for people. A lot of people just think it's a stock '40 convertible. A lot notice the chop but most people don't notice the section job.

It was about a two year project that was completed in '99. My grandpa was 71 when it started and 73 when it was finished. Since then it has close to 15,000 miles on it. It's been to Bonneville three times, Las Vegas twice, Southern California twice, etc.

Here is a link to some build pictures;

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247562

27. I think it has the perfect amount of subtlety to it. It's just enough to catch your eye and notice that the proportions are slightly different than stock, and it makes you take a second and third look at the car. Then you see all customizing that has been done. Very cool back story about the car, thanks for sharing a little bit about the history of the car.

28. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

[ . It has personal meaning to me because my late father, Bill Payne, was a crew member on the car in the early sixties, and the driver Frank Rupert is a close family friend to this day. Also my dad is reason there are Olympia Beer cans as header caps. He use to drink a lot and after he finished his first eight beers, they would cut the bottoms out of the cans and use them as the header caps for the day

Knew your dad and have asked a couple of times on here about him. One time I saw an Antique Auto Ranch sign here and thought of him. Didn't know if that was his tho. I was from the wet side.
    Mike

29. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Geeeze! You guy's are bringing up all the old timers in Spokaloo. Next you'll be talkin' 'bout Gary Harms

Mike

30. moses

moses

was your grandpas name stan baker by chance ....jeffrey