Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Michigan 2010 - May 15, 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]
    (artwork by Union Adworks - Michigan)

Billetproof Michigan - May 15, 2010
    Riverside Park
    Ypsilanti, MI

Under the trees and on the grass this year, Motor City Mania rolls into Riverside Park in Ypsilanti, We've got a great location with lots to do, so get your heap running and come on out. Pre-registrations are already double what they were last year so be ready for a great show. Within a hundred yards of the show grounds are the Hudson Museum (http://www.ypsiautoheritage.org/) and the Michigan Fire House Museum(http://www.michiganfirehousemuseum.org).

Registration is still open @: http://billetproof.com/upcomingshows/michigan/

Host Club:
    Kruz'n Nut'z and Shaggy

Pre-Party
    Depot Town Friday night! Several bars and GREAT restaurants right next to the park. We will have reserved parking for hot rods and are working on closing E.Cross Street from the Bridge to River Street so we can have us a good ole get down.

Live Entertainment
    The Volcanoes - The best Surf music in Michigan
    Mustard Plug - Michigan's best Ska band

This year Billetproof will have a special display area for some significant cars.

Customs/Hot Rods:

The Deuce Coupe
    Ed Roth's Road Agent
    The Atomic Punk
    3 D'agastino customs
    2 Winfield customs
    1 Barris custom

Competition Cars:

The Hollish Dragster
    High and Mighty
    Walts Pufffer
    The F-Troop 33 Gasser
    a new 41 Willys making its debut at the show
    A rear engined salt flats 29 Roadster

Club Areas
    - want to group your club together at the show? No worries, plenty of room up near the stage and special display area. We'll save some of the best seats in the house for ya.

Swap Meet
    - all the rusty parts you can eat

Model Car show - amazing work from the scale car guys.

Pin Stripers Panel Jam - want to take part? give me an email ([email protected]) and we'll hook you up. Need something pinstriped? You'll find the pinstripers tent next to the Billetproof booth and trophy table.

[​IMG]
    Firehouse Museum

[​IMG]
    Hudson Museum

[​IMG]
    Depot Town

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Riverside Park

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW! Sounds like you've got a FABULOUS lineup of cars coming!
    I can't ever rememebr seeing photos of the Road Agent displayed at an OUTDOOR event! and to see all those cars displayed together......how exciting.

Thanks SO much for moving the event to such a cool park. Everyone around heres been talking about the new location for a couple of months now and are eager to attend.

3. Here's a pic of one of the trophies I'm doing.The one for Big Flake should be done this week.

Attached Files:

4. Look for me and my Coupe. up in the clouds! Are there any hubs I can switch to and retain the mechanical brakes to get my rear caps on? Thanks!

James

[​IMG]

5. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I'm really freak'n excited!

6. I am pretty excited about the new spot too. It is pretty cool in depot town over there. Last time I went to billetproof in davison, it was a couple years ago and was like 90+ degrees..... It was AFRICA hot!!! The only thing that turns me off to that location, (davison) is that the parking lot is dirt, which is not the problem (but I bet people with actual nice rods HATE it) but the rocks used for the gravel lot are like golfball sized and bigger, and it is a mofo for me to try and get around in my wheelchair!!! I know the new location is grass, but my fat ass needs the exercise! I can get around in grass, albeit slowly, but in giant rocks, not so much. I almost took a nasty face-plant about 25 times in davison! About 20 years ago (god saying that makes me feel OLD!) my dad and I helped build a big-ass pole barn for a guy,(somewhere in the ypsi-saline-ann arbor area) I think he was one of the main guys in the Hudson club. He had TONS of hudsons!

James

7. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I just signed up and I know Frank is going as well. Not sure how many others from the Flint/Bay City will be there however. There are a lot of hard feelings up here. I guess we won't see them until June.

8. Signed up & looking forward to it!

9. Choptop

Choptop

Just got word that Chuck Miller will be at the show for a book signing. VERY cool.

Chuck built the prototypes for the Sonic Cuda, The Hurst Olds, The Rambler Scrambler, and many other prototypes for Chrysler, GM, & AMC. He built the 1968 Ridler winning Fire Truck show rod. Perhaps the most well-known car he built was the Red Baron, built in 1:1 scale in 1969 based on the Tom Daniel-designed Monogram model. Chuck's Styline Customs also built the Zingers show cars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

ONE D in Ridler ;)

Chuck Miller is one of THEE nicest guys on the planet. Always asked how things are going and really takes the time to listen to what you are saying PLUS takes the time to answer any and all questions you ask him.

11. Marcy

Marcy

Looking forward to it. I'll be vending and Atomic Punk wrangling!(Lucky for Plowboy my legs don't fit or I'd be driving it everywhere haha)
    You promise good weather right?

Marcy

12. Choptop

Choptop

great to hear. Perhaps he can help me on my quest to re-make the Dodge Van Zinger :eek::D

13. Choptop

Choptop

uuhhh... errrrr... SURE !!!!;):D

well, we've had an afternoon sprinkle at every Billetproof Detroit since 2007... so perhaps this year will be different.

14. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Piston Jammers will be there in full force hopefully with Armageddon got a room for friday night lookin to get crazy can't wait !

15. Man, this will be THE PERFECT place for a car show! Looking forward to bringing my son out for the show. See ya there,

-Del Villarreal

16. Choptop

Choptop

Here is a map and a schedule for everyone:

Billetproof Detroit 2010 map and schedule pdf

Plus a little bit of Mustard Plug:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUoydbstisg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUoydbstisg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

and some Volcanoes:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErRNY1va4bo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErRNY1va4bo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the update on the schedule.
    I've had peeps PM me about where to stay. I have no clue since I live pretty close I've never had to arrange a room near there. Can you give a heads up regarding that? Group rates anywhere? Saturday night after party in the hotel parking lot??

18. Choptop

Choptop

Hotels...

The Hilton at Eagle Crest is the closest...

Marriott Ypsilanti Hotel at Eagle Crest
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwys-ann-arbor-marriott-ypsilanti-at-eagle-crest/
    1275 Huron Street
    Ypsilanti, MI
    (800) 606-7044

I've got a group rate set up with them, but its still a little on the $ side. Over $100/night. The upside is its a NICE hotel.

We will likely be doing a big party/concert there next year on Sat. night. Thats when staying there will make sense. They have a whole seperate golf Club House we can take over. They will server beer in the parking lot of the place for tire kicking sessions outside. Its got its own seperate area where we wont disturb anyone.

the next closest are:

Comfort Inn & Suites
    2376 Carpenter Road
    Ann Arbor, MI
    (734) 477-9977

Days Inn Ann Arbor
    2380 Carpenter Road
    Ann Arbor, MI
    (734) 971-0700&#8206;

19. Absolutely. [​IMG]

20. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

look for me and the club out at Riverside Park

Attached Files:

21. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I'll be there with the ol' roadster. Glad to hear Mustard Plug is playing-for those who don't know them, you're in for a treat! It's gonna be a great weekend!

Attached Files:

22. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

They got any flat quarter mile areas there?????
    Signed up and ready to burn rubber...................
    This is a awsome place to have a car show, lotsa bars, and the coolest background there is. Cant wait.
    How about a hamber tent????
    [​IMG]

23. Choptop

Choptop

Just a few days left to pre-register. This is going to be a fun one folks.

24. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Looking forward to it, was just in Deopt Town last weekend at Sidetracks. Takes me back to the ol college days!
    The EMU golf course is nice, next year sounds really cool, sounds like getting a room for friday/saturday is the plan for 11!
    Just hope we have some security to keep some of the locals from coming around ha!

25. Choptop

Choptop

The plan for 2011 is to throw a large party/concert at the Marriott on Sat. night after the show. We'll have our own parking area and place to party all to our selves. Then get room at the hotel for after the festivities, get sunday morning brunch from the restaurant and then head home. :D

26. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

27. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

28. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

We may have better weather June 5th.

29. Choptop

Choptop

ya know... really, this is getting a little silly. Stop sniping at Billetproof posts.

Why dont you just give me a call and lets talk about this like adults.

916-207-4645

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010