Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption Drags Aug, 26, 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]

Click here to register

Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption
    Riverdale Raceway
    Aug 26, 2012
    Hwy 504 just east of
    mile marker 13
    Toutle, WA
    (360)274-2265

Make it a whole weekend afair and go to the Unique Tin Show on Friday and Sat. Aug. 24-25, 2012, Then come to the Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption Dragson Sunday Aug 26, 2012!!!

The Hot Rod Eruption is a chance to get your traditionally styled hot rod or custom out on the track and do some heads up racing.Riverdale Raceway is an 1/8th mile outlaw track. Your ride will have to pass a basic safety inspection (you'll need a radiator catch can, seatbelts, no fluid leaks...) and you'll need a helmet if you are running an open car or motorcycle/mini-bike. The track is VERYrustic. Its a paved track with a starting line and thats about it. Dirt pits, dirt return road, dirt/grass spectator area, the only power is from a genny and its just enough to run the timing shack and a PA. It might get windy, it might get dusty. We'll run the water trucks as much as possible to keep the dust down. There will be porta-potties.

Dirt camping is available for $10 payable at the track. There is a strict "No Engines After 10pm"rule at the track. It may look like its out in the middle of nowhere,but there are houses within earshot. If they call the police because some jackass is revving his engine or doing burnouts the police will come and kick everyone off the property, with my blessing. This will also threaten the existence of the track itself. I'm asking that everyone camping self police this one. It could not only threaten theevent, but the track. There will be PLENTY of time to rev engines,burnout and race on Sunday. Save it for then.

On sunday you will need to bring your own shade, your own seat and your own water. We will likely have a food vendor or two on site (think roach coach).

You will also need to bring your willingness to have a good time.This is all about getting to run your cars on a track. Its not going to be a heavily organized, sanctioned event. Its about lining up next to another car and throwing down. No bracket racing, heads up only. You can make passes until you break something or just get tired.

Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption
    Riverdale Raceway
    Hwy 504 just east of
    mile marker 13
    Toutle, WA
    (360)274-2265
    (click here for map and directions)

• Registration is $30 if RECEIVED by Aug 1, 2012
    • Drag Racing on Sunday Aug 26 at Riverdale Raceway
    • Registration includes Car+Driver+Race Window Card - Passengers are $10 ea.
    • Spectator entrance opens at 9am (Spectators $10 for Sun, Free for kids under 7 and police & fire with proper ID )
    • Heads up racing, no brakcets.
    • Mini-Bike Madness at Noon on Sunday. Bring out your vintage mini-bike and run it on the track

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Can't wait. Last year was a total blast.

Hoping some banger powered cars show up..... I'll be there in my coupe, and another member will be bringing his banger powered coupe too.

3. april may

april may

Looking forward to it!

4. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Bunch of us from Wenatchee are going, Best races ever!!!! Chris

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

getting closer!

who all is going up saturday and camping?

6. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I'll be there. Hopefully in the Wagon, but if I can't get it ready in time, we'll be driving the Buick down and go for High ETs...

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm headed up. Still need to figure out logistics and whether I'm driving the Austin, or trailering in case I break. Not sure about Sat. or Sunday yet, but I'd like to take in the show at Longview on Sat. if all works out. I can camp in the back of my old Suburban Sat. night.

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

really wish this was on a different weekend. it is hard to attend Pleaston GG in Cal and get back up to this... drove all night last year but it killed me. do not think I can do that again..

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The TWIN is hopefully ready and looking forward to the event!
    [​IMG]

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

OK, Who's going to BilletProof's Hot Rod Eruption? I won't be there alone will I? :) I did break my TWIN last Friday but plan on having it ready, fingers crossed!

[​IMG]

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Just got my Suburban wired for the trailer plug, and a good friend has offered use of his trailer, so we're headed up Sat. afternoon, and camping at the track Sat. night!

12. Suddenly1

Suddenly1

Is it Saturday yet!! Should be a blast

13. Suddenly1

Suddenly1

Is there a time box at the end of the track?

14. Choptop

Choptop

the race is on sunday.

and yes there are time slips at the timing shack at the staging lanes.

15. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

See y'all tomorrow, looks like the weather is getting better...........

16. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

gonna try and trailer my nash down for the event!

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Looks like we're going up Sunday morning instead of Sat. night! What time do the gates open on Sunday?

18. Choptop

Choptop

~9am.

see ya there. Its going to be a GREAT day. Bring sun screen. We'll have my patented "Big Cowboy Hat"s for sale to keep ya from burning yer bean to a crisp.

Was 80+ in Longview today for Unique Tin.

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

What a blast! I can't wait for next year!
    It's been 23 yrs. since I ran a car down the strip, and my reaction times would be better clocked with a calendar than a stop watch! Still had a ball, and got to watch some very cool cars having a ton of fun!
    Got paired up against Toymaker's twin engine dragster, and that thing is wild! Smoked the tires the entire length of the strip and passed me at the end of the 1/8 like I was backing up!
    [​IMG]

20. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

THANKS Rocky For coming, That car is SOOOO COOL !!!! Chris

21. Here are a few pics, including some HAMBers cars.

Thanks for your efforts, Choptop; this event is a real time-warp!

Attached Files:

22. .....and a few more....

Attached Files:

23. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

24. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

25. Adding some pictures for Allan's thread I shot on Sunday ...
    I had a blast all Sunday long... weather was great.. next time I'll drive one of my old rigs. I got crap all day long for not driving either my 35 Ford or my 62 Pontiac wagon on down.. I deserved it :D That 32 roadster can burn out !!!

Attached Files:

26. some more ! :D

Attached Files:

27. some more ! I shot more cars in the pits, but those are all ready on another thread.. which I'm hopeful that more pics can be added to Choptop tread.

Attached Files:

28. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I just wanted to say I had a blast this weekend. This was the first time I have been down a strip. Eventhough I was as slow as a slug. I will be back next year for sure. Thanks Choptop and everyone involved.

29. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I also wanted to thank Rocky for bringing up the Evil Twin, it was a blast to watch and he's a cool dude.

Also a big thanks to Rocky's buddy Gary in the center steer anglia. My brother lost the harmonic balancer bolt off his model a, and gary lent us his off his car to make a few more passes. I pulled it off his Anglia, but it didn't fix his problem. What a generous offer to help a fellow hot rodder.

[​IMG]

Photo from Marty Strode's thread

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  30. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Had an absolute blast! if theres only one show i go to a year, this will be it! be back next year! Kept having shifter problems all day, and actually broke it on my last run, but what a blast!

Heres some videos .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=UURqRJlghhn-GArVHB5ZMJxg&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And i forgot go put my car in gear...so much for a quick light!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?index=1&amp;list=UURqRJlghhn-GArVHB5ZMJxg&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>