Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida DRAG RACES !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jun 12, 2009.

1. 31modelo

31modelo

Choptop I don't think I've seen someone try to please so many. Set a date and if the NSRA is more important or Biketober or getting their hair done then to bad. They mis out and need to plan for the next time. I'd rather see and race my hot rod that park it on the lawn. Thats what they are made for.

2. Choptop

Choptop

The date has been announced, Oct. 25, 2009 at Lakeland Raceway... earlier in this thread.

I havent been able to get the info up on the website or put registration because I've been slammed setting up the other Billetproof shows this year (7 of them total + 2 other shows I run).

To remedy this my wife has quit her job and is now a Billetproof employee.

BUT....

we just got home from the Washington drag race about 2 hours ago. So we are still catching up and right now are working on unloading the van from the Washington race. Then its on to work on the California show, which comes before the Florida race.

all in time.

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

Back up for Alan !

4. Yaril

Yaril

yeah! thats a few weeks away. unfortunately i no longer have my roadster (its on route to my bud in Belgium). never the less ill be there!

5. I'll be there. :cool: By rental car. :rolleyes:

6. I know I'm going to get reamed for this one, but my '46 sedan does not have seat belts yet (or door panels, or a headliner, etc.)... the website says belts for open cars... can I run it?

7. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Your '46 isn't an open car. So I would assume you would be fine. lap belt kits are around twelve bucks at advance, I just got 3 more today.

8. Choptop

Choptop

put lap belts in. You are unlikely to get "thrown clear" in case of accident. :D

9. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I'm not sure the laws of physics would allow Big Mike to be catapaulted anywhere.:D:D Get some belts, big boy. :)

10. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

just think...the smell of rubber and race fuel all day.....mmmm

11. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Well guys, you got me to build a mini bike to drag race at the event. I bought this off Kenny P here on the HAMB about three months ago. He found out he would not be able to make the show after he bought it. I picked it up from him and started working on it. First thing was to pull the 2hp and replace it with a 5hp, I got it off the bay and it was a vintage one too! Well I won't go into details but as you can see, it snow balled into a full custom mini bike. Oh yeah, it has a built in wheelie bar under the fender so It won't wipe it out.

Attached Files:

12. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Very cool. That should look good going down the track. Look forward to seeing it.

13. I got belts now... and a helmet... El Diablo's Grande's Chariot of Hellfire has run into some snags and may not be completely finished. I have some brackets to make and my rudimentary fabrication tools make every bracket take a painfully long time.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  14. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

My mini bike project has been so on again off again. I have bought and sold two of them since I found out about the drags. I had a racing engine I sold too. Then I bought another mini bike and some used engines. So I ordered parts on Monday and spent last night cleaning out the carb on the Honda 5hp I'm trying to stuff into a vintage 70's frame that someone painted neon green with a rattle can. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it all together in time. It won't be pretty but a 5hp on a little bike and me weighing in at around 100 lbs should get me down the track at faster than walking pace. I've actually seem videos of people out running mini bikes on foot.:eek: Now I just need a helmet.

15. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Thanks. I hope it goes straight and I dont fall off.

16. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Well it's all about hp to weight ratio, I'll be done. 5 hp and 180 pounds is at a disadvantage already!!
    That's alright, I've still got the HA/GR to run and am looking to jump on some of the v-8's with a little ole 6 cylinder!:eek::eek:
    Robert

17. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

We may be a good match. I'm 150 lbs, add another 20lbs or more of fenders and tires on my bike, and a stock 5hp motor. I'll be surprised if it moves under its own power.:D

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

Only 7 days to go !

19. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i'm looking forward to having a good time...

20. Kenny P

Kenny P

So bummed to not be able to make it. aarrgghh:mad:
    The mini turned out great Rockabilly Bus.....glad it went to the right guy.

21. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

It's this coming Sunday and my mini bike is in a 100 pieces!:eek: This is definitely going to be an 11th hour affair.:D

22. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Man I cant even sleep I am so friggin eXited !!! I dont have a mini bike anymore but I will bring one of my old helmets for someone if they need it.:D

23. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Haha I was just going to go buy a helmet actually. I got one to borrow but it's a medium and I need a small. I've got my frame painted, and most of the parts. I'm still waiting on one or two pieces that should be here Friday or Saturday. I'm going to start assembly tonight. Man I'm cutting it close! :D

24. Mine has a list of about 10 things needed to be rideable... the body will have to wait... I want to do a nice job, no need to rush.

25. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Yeah me too:
    1. front wheel
    2. back wheel
    3. engine
    4. brakes
    5. ...you get the idea :D

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm pumping my tires.

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

I was out in the driveway last night practicing launches on my Mini-Bike for about an hour......there were times that I made myself laugh so hard that I almost fell off the darn thing........

28. Choptop

Choptop

Try lining up next to a guy in a gorilla suit and then try to concentrate on the lights :D

did I mention there are style points for costumes? :eek:

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

Oh Dear God, No.... you did'nt mention that :p
    If I go and tell Jennifer, she will want to dress me up like a naked-caveman :rolleyes: ....

30. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Are we gonna be timed or is it just who gets there first? Flagman or tree? Not that it really matters, but I'm just curious. Oh BTW can we bring food or coolers in with us? Is there any room for an easy up tent or anything?