Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida DRAG RACES !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jun 12, 2009.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

2. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Skip, not saying it is a "bad" thing with no timing clocks. Some guys may want to know what they are running in the 1/8. It does not matter to me as I have a good idea what mine runs.
    Glen, if you look back a couple of posts, Alan said what would be allowed.
    Old style mini bikes, flat head motors, centrifigal clutch, pull starts and no disc brakes.
    I think he does not want any small motorcycles showing up.
    I don't know about every body else, but I'm looking forward to this!!
    Robert

3. Is Alan gonna have to go to a local lawn mower shop and hire a mini-bike tech official?:D

4. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

That track is a pretty killer looking facility. It looks like there's some turns there too. As far as motors go, I think we're wondering about cams, exhausts, carbs, porting, etc. Do we have to run stock motors or are modifications allowed - that kind of stuff. It looks like the concensus is that they will have to be traditional styled mini bikes and not pocket bikes or some other variation.

5. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Glenn, I might be able to hook you up with an alcohol peowerd Jr. Dragster Briggs by then. goes 10.60's @ 59 MPH in the 1/8th mile in a Jr. Dragster.:D You'd be the talk of the mini bike drags pits with that motor.:cool:

6. Choptop

Choptop

1-4. Vintage style mini-bike.. you know, a mini-bike. Pull start 4 stroke 5hp engine... you know. No YSR's, no XR50's, no modern chinese scooter crap. Gasoline powered.

5. 1/8th mile

there will be some safety rules, you will need a helmet, long pants, closed shoes, leather gloves, preferably a leather jacket of some sort... you know common sense stuff. Falling off even a mini-bike at speed can screw you up.

dont over think it. Bring a mini-bike and have fun. Wear a goofy costume, wear a cape, paint your mini-bike in heavy metal flake... ya know, have fun :D

7. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

We're racing to win dammit. Oh yeah and have fun too. :D

8. 6ck Pony

6ck Pony

I just saw that it says it has a professional timing system.
    Maybe it just doesn't have the big clocks so you can't see, but you still get a timeslip?

Maybe it's a guy with a stop watch, pen , and pad? sounds like a professional system to me.

Anyways, I think it's funny that we're all guessing as to which track...but I'm just mad cuz I might miss this event since I'll be living in Cali. Unless Alan is goin to pick me up in San Diego on his way out :cool:

9. Choptop

Choptop

it is kinda funny.., the guessing that is... its not intentional, I just havent had time to set up the hotels and everything else that will hit the second I announce where it is. I will get all that done next week when I'm back from Washington. When I announced the hotels for the first Billetproof Florida they sold out in minutes!!!:eek:

I want to make sure I get a room for my own show:eek:

plus I can cut a deal with the hotels and get everyone better rates.

all will be revealed soon. In the mean time get to work on the Mini-Bike project, or sprucing up the hot rod.

10. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

sounds fun, I'll check it for sure!

11. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

10-4 !
    Roger....
    Over and Out !

13. Leather gloves.... MMMmmmmmm

14. Offy

Offy

How about a class for stock vintage mini bikes. They had 4 stroke flat head motors, rarely over 3 hp, and the wheels were usually 5"x4" or 6"x4". There are a lot of newer engines that are overhead valve often 5 hp so that could be a class rule. Then there are the creative endeavers that need an outlaw, run watcha' brung, class. This could be fun!

15. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

This makes me wonder. How much engine is too much engine? I'm building mine with a Lil Indian frame which is a rigid with a short wheel base. Anyone got any thoughts?

16. repoguy

repoguy

I'd rather watch drag racing than go to a car show any day of the week.

But I'm broke and the IRS seems poised to take everything I own, so I probably won't have a car to run, but either way I'll come check it out.

17. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I have a five horse Briggs on my Lil Indian. It likes to pull the front wheels up from a dead stop, but it's fun!
    Also bringing the wife's which is a 3 hp Briggs on an old Rupp or Cat frame.
    Robert

18. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

If a 5 hp pulls the front wheel off the ground, I'll probably end up on my arse unless I use a steep gear. I might just have to go with a 3.5 or 4 hp. I'm actually going to check out another mini bike tonight after work. Funny how much mini bike talk there is on here. Does anyone know if we will be able to run a vintage motorcycle down the track. I was thinking maybe I could bring my BSA if it's done in time.

19. Kenny P

Kenny P

Damn you Alan....now look whats in the Garage. $100 bucks off Craigs list.
    See you in October!

[​IMG]

20. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

nice score for a 100 bones......cool

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Wow, what a nice find. Can't beat that for $100. Congrats!

22. Kenny P

Kenny P

Thanks, I felt good about buying it too, It was a 15 year old kid sellin' it to put money into his '65 Chevy Pickup he was building. :)

23. indyfab

indyfab

hey i know it aint florida, but you might check out south georgia motorsports park in valdosta,ga, the track is right off I75 and is probably one of the nicest facilities around here. also from what i have heard the owners are pretty cool about " run what you brung " which is great cause if you have to pass a NHRA or IHRA tech inspection nobody's gonna be able to run their rats. that track in orlando doesn't have much of a shutdown. either way i can't wait.

24. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

The suspense is killing me!:D

25. Yep, its a great track. and you can still run the 1/8 mile, or run the 1/4 mile like real drag racing...:D

26. Loppy

Loppy

I found something close, they have a 3.5 x 12.5.

Check out this site, http://www.gokartsupply.com/tires.htm

Bring it!

27. Yaril

Yaril

will there be any cars at this meet or will it just be mini-bikes? :confused:

28. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Yes there will be cars, the mini bike thing kinda took over the thread.
    On that note, who is bringing what??
    I'll have the HA/GR there to play with. Next door neighbor is bringing a blown big block chevy in a touring T:eek:.
    Hopefully there will be a T there with a turbo'd 4 banger.
    Robert

29. Kenny P

Kenny P

SOOOOO Alan, what's the good word???!!!

30. Choptop

Choptop

Still getting there. Just back from Washington and setting up the Washington races.

Will have something for ya'll on Friday.